Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my lude was having erratic rpms which cause the engine to shut off if they went to low. The engine shut off and has no come back on and is now not receiving spark it is getting fuel I can smell it and hear the fuel pump kick on. I have changed my spark plugs,wires,dizzy,coil,main relay and have tried another ecu. On the diagnostic the check engine light stays solid on both ECU so maybe they are both faulty or it's suppose to stay solid if there are no codes to be read. All of the grounds are tight and in correctly, I'm pretty stumped on what the problem can be that I'm getting zero spark to the external coil any advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright so my lude was having erratic rpms which cause the engine to shut off if they went to low. The engine shut off and has no come back on and is now not receiving spark it is getting fuel I can smell it and hear the fuel pump kick on. I have changed my spark plugs,wires,dizzy,coil,main relay and have tried another ecu. On the diagnostic the check engine light stays solid on both ECU so maybe they are both faulty or it's suppose to stay solid if there are no codes to be read. All of the grounds are tight and in correctly, I'm pretty stumped on what the problem can be that I'm getting zero spark to the external coil any advice?
I had the same problem when I swapped the h23a1 into my 99 accord. There is a 4 wire harness attached to the dizzy. It has three wires, blue, black/yellow and yellow (I think). All the wires except the blue one should have 12 volts. If they dont you can start there. Im not ure what fuses to check because I tapped into a 12 volt ignition wire and tied that into the three wires in order to get the car started. If they have 12 volts and you're not getting spark you can rule out the circuit and assume its the coil. A good test would be have someone crank the car and hold the coil to dizzy wire close to the valve cover while cranking and see if a spark jumps the gap when holding it like an inch or less away. Make sure the plug protrudes from the rubber boot so its easier to see as well. If not let us know and I will help further lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts