Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am forced to sell my lude within the next 2 months. i'm having trouble on what to get. it has to be ~$15,000.

i have a friend selling a '91 mustang GT conv. it's in mint condition, looks better than 90% of the mustangs on the road now.

i found a really nice '70 mach 1 mustang.

anyone have any other suggestions?

thanks,
-Chris
[email protected]

------------------

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Maybe a hatch with ITR sawp, or h22A.
Or a bike with 6,000 left over towards a used car. Or maybe..... i dunno.

·
Registered
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
your obviously set on a Mustang, so just get one.</font>
Mustang? Ewww...sorry but they really sicken me...very ugly obnoxious cars.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahah, it's not set on a stang, those are just the first 2 things i've found. i drove an MR2 10 mins ago, really nice, but that ugly teal color.

and ITR would be nice, but they are too expensive.

what do you guys think aout VW GTI?

-Chris

------------------

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
THe mach1 sounds good. What do you plan to do? go fast or just looks?

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
394 Posts
I am in the process of selling my car right now. I am probably going to get a 67-70 Dodge Dart, and next year by this time, I'll swap the engine for a 426 Hemi Crate Motor(with mods), new tranny, fully built suspension, and a very strong rear end.

This car will be tuned to run 11's or better, and handle like the Prelude (or better). and I won't need to worry about emmisions or a car payment, and my insurance will be a hell of a lot lower.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
394 Posts
oops, double post...

[This message has been edited by ChrisM2097 (edited April 23, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CSnyder:
hahah, it's not set on a stang, those are just the first 2 things i've found. i drove an MR2 10 mins ago, really nice, but that ugly teal color.

and ITR would be nice, but they are too expensive.

what do you guys think aout VW GTI?

-Chris

</font>

I really do not recommend a VW. Don't let their loyal fan base fool you. I drive my girlfriends Passat all the time. I think there is a couple Prelude owners on this board that also have owned them and do not recommend them, but I guess I can't speak for them.

If it were me, I would do a Teg LS with vtec head. The only reason is because I enjoy driving the Integras and also know how to do basic maintenance and bolt-ons since it is a Honda.

·
Registered
658 Posts
drove an MR2 Spyder last weekend. Loved it!

Felt torquier than the Lude even with 180 lbs. of salesman along for the ride (yes I asked his weight.) Plenty of headroom.

The suspension is soft, though, but you don't seem to mind cause the car is so light and tossable. But the RE040s are crap!

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Mustangs are dope. I want a Cobra real bad and I'm not even kidding. Chris's Dodge Dart project sounds as hell too. One of my friends is looking to do something very similar. But for your price range......used 4th gen or used Civic Si.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My next car is a 68-69 Convertable Camero or Z28.... Fully built suspension, 4sp, 400hp/400lb 350, etc.

There is also a really nice '74 911 targa with 108k original miles from 2nd owner, for $9,500 local that would be a nice car if I had some money lying around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you can afford ~15k why do you have to sell your lude? What's preventing you from affording your current car? I'm confused when people say they can't afford their current car and then want to buy a car that's only about 5k less than the one they're selling? This is not a flame, I'm just legitimately confused by this practice.

I get confused easily...wait, where am I? Who are you people?!!

------------------
OOkie
2000pearlWHITEbase

Cripes! Another white 5th gen.

[This message has been edited by OOkie (edited April 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
For 15 you can get a really nice N/A Supra stock they push 220HP. Just my opinion.

------------------
You got VTEC? Kewl, I got a TURBO.

·
Registered
419 Posts
supra n/a's are slower than our car and look much faster... i mean.. if i owned a stock supra n/a i'd be embarrassed driving that thing stock... the turbo's and their quickness associate the supra body style as fast.. something the n/a isn't

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
4th gen lude

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

1 - 20 of 46 Posts