Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sad reality is that I can't go large on rims and suspension, might as well just get a different car if I do but just want to get some opinions here :

A) Get Advan TCIIs and go with tanabe springs w/stock shocks or

B) Get Mugen Suspension w/some tantrums???

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude2k:
The sad reality is that I can't go large on rims and suspension, might as well just get a different car if I do but just want to get some opinions here :

A) Get Advan TCIIs and go with tanabe springs w/stock shocks or

B) Get Mugen Suspension w/some tantrums???

</font>
How about some Tein's and some RH's C2000's?

------------------
-Chris
--92 S

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
A would go for A, and get Koni Yellows when u get da $$$.
cuz u can't see the shocks can you!??!?! Rims you can

------------------

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
I'd say A. Advans would be the bomb

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I agree with "A"

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
295 Posts
get the tantrums. i like the tantrums but the way i see it, spend 1000 more and get some te37.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah A is the more aesthetic choice and would fit my all show no go style

·
Registered
825 Posts
AAAAAAAAAA

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)
94 Red S (R.I.P.)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
do the entire suspensions 1st man.. you don't want your nice mugen exhaust to scrap from a bouncy suspension setup (no shocks) do you? but don't blow the $ on Mugens.. Koni or Teins will do just as good. Then wait a bit longer to get wheels...

you'll regert it down the road if you cheap out on parts for your car.

------------------

[This message has been edited by pkw1 (edited May 02, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
I would never get the Mugen suspension but if you want both the Mugen setup AND the TCII's why not just wait it out and save more money? I'm sure no one's FORCING you to get this stuff NOW right? Good things come to those who wait.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, definately I want to do the suspension first, still hard to choose between konis/tiens/mugen. If I go with Tiens or Mugen I will take them out for the winter and need it to be painless. If anything nice rims are essential. The TCIIs wouldn't be out till August so guess I can keep on saving.

·
Registered
951 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
Originally posted by baked:
I wouldn't buy the mugen suspension period...

</font>
what's wrong with the mugen suspension? price/performance/looks?
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who spent 1600 on his shock/spring/mount setup... I don't think the Mugen/Showa setup is worth the money. You're obviously looking for a street setup and I just think you could do better. I'd strongly recommend parts from Koni/Bilstein/Eibach/Ground-Control/H&R instead. Another option that noone ever talks about (because it's new) is the Progress coilover system. I had a set on my 'teg and I loved them. For the street, they put the Tein HA setup to shame. It handled great and was surprisingly comfortable.

Make your own decision, but for a street setup I'd look to progress or the other brands I mentioned. Only you know what you're looking for though...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts