Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im having real bad idle problems and it wants to quit all the time - I read a post that said something about the IAC valve so i took it off and gave it a real good cleaning but still nothing - also every now and then i will be just cruising down the highway and my car will start missing and then the tach will go crazy could this be due to the crank position sensor?? I have a full shaved valve cover so it could easily be getting water in it during the rain - help me

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also my compression is low like 155 160 160 160 - could this be the problem with the idle or could the valves need adjusting????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mileage = 76000
mods - bolt on - i/h/e - msd 6al - full head work with the exception of cams - nothing done in the last 5000 miles but just wants to act funny - also i dont know if this has anything to do with it or not but i have a autometer A/F ratio guage and it is installed correctly but sits all the way on rich about 99% of the time - but the fuel system is stock why would that be - honda master tech verified that the guage was installed correctly

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also the idle problem - its like it gets in its own moods - it will idle rough but still idle for a while and then it will start quiting when i push in the clutch - i dont know why but if it is idleing i can pump the brakes and the idle will go up like 200-300 RPM - ????

·
Registered
254 Posts
how about your spark plugs? and are you driving manual or A/T

·
Registered
254 Posts
did you ever put that penzoil fuel injector cleaner fluid?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
manual and yes i did put in the penzoil injector cleaner - - tonight i adjusted the valves but i havent run another compression test yet but i dont know if i was just like thinking it happened but i totally think my throttle response just increased by like 300% - and it did idle much better but i didnt drive it yet - i just let it warm up

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did drive it for a while today and it ran great but then every once in a while when your just cruising at 2000 rpm - 3000 rpm the tack starts going crazy and it boggs down wayyyy bad but if you let off the gas or stomp the gas it will stop ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what plugs and plug wires do you recomend - im running bosch +2 plugs and accel wires - what should i change them to??? - I was wondering about that fuel filter - is there a company that makes stainless line kit for 5g lude from the tank on up? like a kit???- i think really soon im gonna go ahead and get aem fuel rail fuel filter and pressure regulator and walbro pump - sound good???

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
bosh plugs suck my balls IMO

I would recommend getting either copper or platinum ngks

Copper - ZFR6F-11
Platinum - PZFR6F-11

the platinum ones will last a long time (replace them every 50k or so) where as the coppers won't last as long. Then again, for the money you can buy 4 sets of copper plugs for the price of platinums.

do you have any spefic reasons on getting the fuel rail, filter regulator and pump? If you just have basic bolt ons you wont get anymore power. Since you have a 99 your filter should be fine, but you can always get an OEM one for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i have another block thats sent to JG right now for sleeving and 8.5 compression pistons , pauter rods, and knife edgeing the crank and new bearings pumps and so on - and by the time i get that back i will have the turbo kit too so i figured i would need the fuel supplement - and i do have more than bolt ons i have a full skunk2 head - every part - 1mm oversized valves springs retainers and guides - along with a valve job and a full port job and milled head and polished combustion chambers

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
99TypeSH_2 said:
well i have another block thats sent to JG right now for sleeving and 8.5 compression pistons , pauter rods, and knife edgeing the crank and new bearings pumps and so on - and by the time i get that back i will have the turbo kit too so i figured i would need the fuel supplement - and i do have more than bolt ons i have a full skunk2 head - every part - 1mm oversized valves springs retainers and guides - along with a valve job and a full port job and milled head and polished combustion chambers
reason enough right there :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts