·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts

·
finding my place.........
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
math we've done so far -
there's no way a calculator does this stuff, unless they really advanced since my old TI-82

addition and subtraction of polynomials
multiplying monomials
multiplying polynomials
dividing polynomials by monomials

dividing polynomials by binomials
diving polynomials: synthetic dvision
zero and negative integers as exponents
factoring by using the distributive property

·
woop woop!
3,697 Posts
lude2lust said:
math we've done so far -
there's no way a calculator does this stuff, unless they really advanced since my old TI-82

addition and subtraction of polynomials
multiplying monomials
multiplying polynomials
dividing polynomials by monomials

dividing polynomials by binomials
diving polynomials: synthetic dvision
zero and negative integers as exponents
factoring by using the distributive property
Yah, they should have math programs for all those... even doing programs to solve tableus for you and they show you step by step what each answer would be.

I have a synthetic division program on my calc from back when I took calc heh. You should search around on like bt sites or google it :shrug: pepople have made programs for EVerythinggggggg. But yah, you'd need a ti-83, ti-83 plus or upwards... the TI 82 doesn't have any transfer compatibility iirc. (thats the dark blue one you have right?)

Let us know if you need help with any problems though hehe :)

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
yea you can type something (x^2 + 3x + 4)(x^3 - 2x^2 + 5x - 7) straight up in the graphing calcs and it will spit out the multiplied out polynomial

·
Vu Nguyen
3,506 Posts
Although the 89 will serve you very well, I think you should kinda learn how to work those out. I never really learned myself and I was paying for it trying to learn it over in my calc courses.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
meh...my Ti-86 has served me quite well. The major difference between the 86 and 89 is the OS and slightly more functions. :shrug: I still can't justify putting out more money for hte 89. Maybe that's just me and I love my 86 :shrug: :laugh:

·
449 Posts
i have a 89, getting me by fairly well all the way passed calc III

friends of mine bought an 89 Titanium... it's the same as mine, the only difference is that the operating system is like the one off of the voyage 200 (that's the one with the full qwerty keyboard)

if you end up getting an 89, lemme know, i can help you out with it. i think i know it fairly well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts