Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut this guy off tonight by accident cuz he was in my blind spot...and then he started following me. He wasn't being agressive or anything but he made it clear that he was following me. It was dark but i could tell that it was a mustang. At first, i thought it might be cop or a off duty cop. So i was afraid to try to lose him. He followed me through highway and local for approx 10 miles. Every time i switched lane he made a change to stay directly in back of me. It was freaky. He finally made a really quick turn at a highway junction.

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
where was this?

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I have been followed to my exact street by a old old civic and 3 different cop cars all on different nights.

My nextdoor neighbor was followed home by a cab one night, he pulled his car in the garage really quick and shut it and the cab pulled in to his drive way as the garage was closing. Talk about some freeky ****.

Yes jealousy is a wasted emotion.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've followed people before, but it was because I was lost, and was hoping that they would "show me the way"...LOL

Actually, I've done this quite a few times, but I usually follow a pack of cars that look like they are all headed to the same place...and I HOPE that they are headed toward a major road.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
602 Posts
For God sakes, if you're being followed the LAST place you should go to should be your house! I may be sounding motherly (sorry, just care about my fellow Luders!), but if you're on someone's bad side and they find out where you live, you're just inviting trouble in. Back in high school, some guys were following my boyfriend and I. We tried many attempts to ditch them, but the second we pulled into a cop's station, they were gone.

------------------
-Rebecca
'00 5spd base Prelude
What tha dealio?!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ludecrs:
For God sakes, if you're being followed the LAST place you should go to should be your house! I may be sounding motherly (sorry, just care about my fellow Luders!), but if you're on someone's bad side and they find out where you live, you're just inviting trouble in. Back in high school, some guys were following my boyfriend and I. We tried many attempts to ditch them, but the second we pulled into a cop's station, they were gone.</font>

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
906 Posts
Scriber, maybe they wanted your JDM's(hehe...) Ever get those to work???

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Man..if someone follows you...i suggest driving to the police station or something.. never go home for sure...

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
Man..if someone follows you...i suggest driving to the police station or something.. never go home for sure...

--Sam

</font>
Or, go to a VERY public, highly lighted area. They may drive off then.

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
602 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacques:
Or, go to a VERY public, highly lighted area. They may drive off then.

</font>
Depends on how persistent they are. We even tried going through a Taco Hell drivethru and they were still on us!

------------------
-Rebecca
'00 5spd base Prelude
What tha dealio?!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Depends on how persistent they are. We even tried going through a Taco Hell drivethru and they were still on us!</font>
speaking of Taco Hell drive-thrus, i went thru one in a $39-a-day U-Haul and managed not to curb it

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>
[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 30, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
For God sakes, if you're being followed the LAST place you should go to should be your house! </font>
But if I am being followed by a cop to my house (which by that time he already knows my real address) why would I try to go past my street and like out maneuver him.

As for the civic that followed me to my street, I never stopped at my house so he never knew. I was a wise young grasshopper that night.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I took a 17-ft. U-haul thru Wendy's once. It wasn't pretty. I returned to the scene of the crime later in my car--laughing my a$$ off at the damage to their roof!!!

My favorite bumper sticker:

DON'T FOLLOW ME...I'M LOST!

------------------
My new mechanic

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jtown:
scary....I wonder if he took your plates down....ooooo

</font>
Then what? Report me to the cops for cutting him off? I was actually driving someone elses car. I was thinking about driving into the back entrance of a precinct and then have some blues waiting to intercept him. I was tottally freaked out.

·
Registered
299 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Then what? Report me to the cops for cutting him off? I was actually driving someone elses car. I was thinking about driving into the back entrance of a precinct and then have some blues waiting to intercept him. I was tottally freaked out.

</font>
Well..hopefully the person doesn't have a way to cross-reference the license to the address of the owner of the car. I believe that's how some thieves get their "victims" They find a car with parts that they like and either follow them home to and stalk the place or even worse look up the location from the plates.

------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
AEM Pulleys

Koni Sports
H&R Sports
Neuspeed Upper Strut
SS Rear Sway (in box)
bunch of nyc dents

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
My sister followed someone home once...
Pretty funny actually, seems she and another female driver had issues while on the freeway. Exiting the freeway, some things were thrown. Which led to the following home of the other female driver.

Now the good part

So my sister follows this biatch to where she was going, some house somewhere. They stop, it's late at night. They're arguing, pushing and shoving occurs. The other woman picks up a rock, my sister goes to her car, and brings out the bottom half of her club. Both items are thrown, and a fist fight follows when neither items hit their target. It was a short fight, nothing really damaged but some pride (i.e. no lasting injuries). Turns out the house the girl stopped at wasn't hers because when some lights came on, both jumped into their respective cars and lit out. Now she's missing the bottom half of her Club.

Just kidding
Most of it was fictional
Some not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts