Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I noticed that you never seen any higher dollar cars like Mercedes, Volvo, BMW, and other cars of the such. Mostly just regualr Ford and Chevy type vehiculars.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think that maybe that is why they can afford nice cars, because they do their shopping at Wal-Mart. Just a thought. not like I'm looking for a Lambo in the lot, just a simple C-class.

·
I kerned the Serif
741 Posts
I hate the Wal Marts here. Always unorganized, not enough cashiers despite the 20+ registers, and parking always at cut-throat.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
for the most part (this is not an absolute) people with the money to buy nice cars are willing to pay a few pennies more for every item to not have to shop at walmart. i'd pay twice as much for something before buying it at that P%(*)$*#@_ place.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
^^ true, though i'd say "able to pay" is as accurate as "willing to pay" for many. if i made enough money to afford a high dollar car, i would rarely shop at wal-mart.

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
schwett said:
for the most part (this is not an absolute) people with the money to buy nice cars are willing to pay a few pennies more for every item to not have to shop at walmart. i'd pay twice as much for something before buying it at that P%(*)$*#@_ place.

Exactly. Even though I may have to save elsewhere, I am happy that I can drive by and avoid the adventure that always takes place in there.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Sabs said:
^^ true, though i'd say "able to pay" is as accurate as "willing to pay" for many.
virtually everybody is able to afford buying things elsewhere. they can just buy more sh1t at walmart than target or safeway or wherever.

stores like walmart were not ubiquitous ten years ago, and there were less people starving, not more. kind of makes you wonder if flooding the market with cheap goods made overseas and in the process creating nothing but a half million minimum wage low benefit jobs (compare to the jobs at the smaller regional businesses displaced) isn't part of the PROBLEM, not the solution.

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
cementups said:
And I noticed that you never seen any higher dollar cars like Mercedes, Volvo, BMW, and other cars of the such. Mostly just regualr Ford and Chevy type vehiculars.
If you went to Super Wal Mart, here in the suburbs, you would see it all.

Probably a southern thing.

Groceries are groceries, and I prefer Kroger, but $40-$70 a trip is hard to ignore.

I'll pass on the sweat shop shoes however.;)

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
schwett said:
virtually everybody is able to afford buying things elsewhere. they can just buy more sh1t at walmart than target or safeway or wherever.

Agreed, then it just comes down to our incredibly lazy society wanting to do 'one stop shopping' -- I hate Walmart...

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
malken00 said:
Agreed, then it just comes down to our incredibly lazy society wanting to do 'one stop shopping' -- I hate Walmart...
To some degree that is correct. America is lazy, but a big part is also the price. Super Wal Mart combines convenience with low prices, which is hard to beat.

Wal Mart is slick too, and will lure the unwary into buying more junk, by placing so called marked down items in high volume areas.

Kroger has also found that selling items with specials like, 10 apple juices for $10, sells more than when they are on sale for .88, just because the average consumer thinks it's a better deal, without realzing they are marked up.

If you really want to get the best deal, buy your bread at a bread distribution center, meat at a meat market, Milk at Golden Gallon, or a Dairy, etc.

Fresher food, better price, if you don't have to drive 100 miles.

For some though, this is a major inconvenience, as most people have tight schedules, even during their off time.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
schwett said:

stores like walmart were not ubiquitous ten years ago, and there were less people starving, not more.
the problem i see is that the cost of living has increased at a much greater rate than wages have in the last ten years. low cost and convenience are key in big merchants, not the good of the community or country. most consumers are simply looking to buy what they want at the lowest price available to them. wal-mart exploded by taking advantage of this shift in the economy.

i'd love to wake up tomorrow and see wal-mart replaced by thousands of small businesses offering similar products, and giving back better/more jobs to the community. this may be the pessimist in me, but if i stop buying from wal-mart i know this will not change. i also know if i convince 20 more people not to shop there, it will not change. stopping wal-mart would be as difficult as stopping microsoft; it's just not going to happen without transplanting your mindset in every american. i'd like to hear your thoughts on a solution. i haven't come up with any reasonable ideas yet.

·
Vrrom VROOM *POP* oops!
786 Posts
if your willing to "waste" money on a car (waste = buy a super ultra luxorius vehicle), then your most likely willing to waste money on a nicer place.

i always pictured there to be 2 type of riches

rich 1 = lots of money by saving and watching spending, such as shopping walmart and buying taurus's.

rich 2 = lots of money, but spent lots of it on cars, clothes, foods, gf's, houses, ect.

my dad is rich #1, i almost dont understand why he buys certain things for 99 cents when he has hundreds of thousands of dollars(literally). but then again, thats how he even got that much money, by buying 99 cent things (hence wal-mart shopping).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts