Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i'm the first to try it!!!!! I'm using a chiped p72, w/ CPR 72lb injectors. My car is a 95 so I didn't need resistor pack or anything.
I installed it a few days ago and it works very good. The two step rev limiter works great. The only problems is I ordered it for a 2bar map sensor and the software only supports the stock map sensor.
Once I get everything else done on my car I'll head to the dyno get it tuned and post some #'s.

I think some of you turbo guys may be interested in this option? It's alot cheaper then hondata.

·
Registered
777 Posts
how is it less expensive? a p72 alone is a couple hundred aren't they?

by the way, YES what are you talkn about?, are you saying your using honda CBR bike injectors, what is CPR?

·
formally Sik96prelude
1,061 Posts
Well it is less expensive because a P72 is less than a P13. You can not chip a P13 so in order to use Hondata you need to switch to a P72 or P28 regardless. Hondata is really expensive (trust me) and this guy on H-T is making chips that work just like hondata at a fraction of the price. I am curious on how well these work. I wish I would have waited on buying my hondata. If you are thinking of going boost or using hondata this is your answer. One of my good friends just orderd his for his boosted GSR Hatch. can't wait to test it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like sik96prelude said above it's alot like hondata only it's way way cheaper. A fully tunable ecu that supports boost w/ a 2 stage rev limiter(I can tune myself w/out dealer).
Cost less then $500:
$200 for a chipped p72(You may find them for cheaper)
$60 for rom burner(http://www.batronix.com/electronic/circuits/eeprommer.shtml )
$200 for the "Uberchip"
I bought the chip at www.stupidfast.com
Another cost to figure in is the injectors:
from $200 - $700
I found my 72lb injector for $280

A Hondata boost setup is $495 just for the box, another $200+ for p72 or p28, $125 for three stage rev limiter, another $200 for rom editor, and $180 for rom burner. so we are at about $1200, but you still need to buy injectors!!!!!! by the time you have everything it will cost $1500+.

CPR is the brand of injector i'm using, modified to fit my fuel rail.(like RC or MSD)
My set up has cost me about $750, that's a $750+ savings vs.
Hondata. If I didn't have to switch ecu's, It would have only cost me $550, I've seen poeple try to sell V-afc for that much.

·
Registered
392 Posts
MindEracer
if i remember that name correctly ^^^ from hondaprelude.com, i belive you have quite possibly the most badass boosted 4th gen ive seen. i think i remember seeing the kiwi manifold for the first time on your setup. glad to see you still have the lude. welcome to po.com b-t-w. :)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
interesting....looking into this right now :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have any updated pics yet. Most of the work was on internals, rebuilt bottom end etc.
very very long list of mods. I can't drive my car because of no insurance . Waiting until some tickets fall off my recod in august.
so I can afford it!! My right foot seems to be a little heavy(when I'm in my lude).
I'lll have pics soon!!

·
formally Sik96prelude
1,061 Posts
you said you orderd it for a 2 bar and it only works with a stock one? Honda maps are stock 2 bar.

·
Registered
134 Posts
would this help me at all if i was running n2o??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya, that always confused me. I understand why poeple say that the stock sensor is a 2bar because it is reads 2bar above absolute zero.
1bar = atmospheric pressure = 14.7 psi

If you look at listings for map sensor like at summit:
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search.asp&type=bykeyword&searchtype=both&part=map+sensor&x=16&y=16
Notice that they list the msd 1bar sensors for naturaly asperated
and list the msd 2bar sensor for up to 20 psi, msd 3bar for 30 psi.

So I never understood how to categorize map sensors
is it how much the sensor reads from zero or is it how much it messures starting at atmospheric pressure(1 BAR).

Or is it just semantics...depends on the persons opinion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does not have n2o control, but you can optamize your timing and fuel curve. You can use it like a V-afc, but its better because it controls fuel and timing.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
no datalogging?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
No datalogging yet,
This guy (ecucontrol.com )does have something in the works, but it only supports the pm6, pm7, p28 and p30 for now and all the bugs have not been worked out yet. There are a few people that are very close to getting datalogging working and it will be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts