Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was taking my finals everything was goin good, i leave i get into my car start it up and i look up.....and i see a big oh note saying "IM SORRY..." so i get out grab it and it says " im sorry, please give me a call so i can give you my insurance info" I couldn't believe my eyes, so i take a walk around starting from the back first. Everything seems to be okay until i get to the front and WHAM!!!! i see that my driverside headlight is cracked pretty badly and pushed in up agianst the reinforcement bar, my bumber is pushed back, and the tip of my fender is bent, and my hood has a huge dent in the corner. everything is kool now, and i gotta get and estimate for it tomorrow. So how much do you think i can get outta it? and if possible what should i get for my car for replacement parts? i have a 2001 NBP SH.

·
Registered
974 Posts
wow...hey...could be worse...at least they were honest and left a note

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
well, at least you got the note. hopefully you can get it all fixed and settled. sucks and hope everything goes well.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
In my experience, insurance only pays what is needed to restore your car to its previous condition (if even that much, usually they try and dick you). If you want to get other goodies, you have to get a little crafty, find your own parts for less, find a body shop that can hook you up, etc. Given your damage, a carbon fiber hood comes to mind if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Dude I'm happy to say there is hope out there. Atleast you got a note. I get Key Jobs all the time.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
At least they didnt run off....i too am thinking CF hood

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
wow, someone actually left a note :bigthumb: that right there is a good start. I'd first go an get a couple of estimates to fix it before you worry bout gettin aftermarket parts out of it :rolleyes: once you see what's actually damaged an needs to be replaced, then you can try an get some new stuff out of it. you should go in w/ the attitude that you just want to fix it, then you won't be disappointed if you can't do more ;)

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
PreludePower said:
but would a CF hood look good on black cars?
Yes, they look good --> you get the sleeper effect too. :D

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I think they look best on black cars, you won't notice it from a distance. But I must say consider yourself lucky you got left a note, that is rare that someone will do that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
damn man that sucks. i know what its like though. i wrecked my car in the same place about two years ago and had the whole car painted a custom camillion color you can see it in my sig pic. now it has been hit twice more in the same damn spot while it was parked!! this last time they hit it and left with no note (of course). and with out the needed parts (fender, hood, bumper, and possible headlight) the estimate was $850.00 for just paint and labor!!! And just incase you haven't compared prices on stock parts; hood = 295.00, fender = 260.00, bumper cover = 280.00, and the headlight = new - 360.00 - referb. - 270.00. :nono: i just about know these prices by heart because of my great luck with other drivers. :twitch:

·
my cat's name is mittens
479 Posts
trulegend said:
nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not another 2001 NBP SH!!!!!!

dude whats up with black ludez????
its not only black ludes...its all ludes...i got hit when i was parked and i was lucky came out in time before he drove off....

·
Registered
880 Posts
AzNPrNcS69 said:
I'm sorry to hear that. :( But...since their insurance is paying for it maybe it's time for some new mods...hehe. ;) :)

itz not about the mods, itz about having that feeling after the car is fixed. No matter which shop u take the car to fix to, there will be little flaws u will always see. Itz the orignality that goes out of your car.

for example if u replace your fender or bumper the vin numbers which are on there are gone, so everytime you pop your hood and you see the vin missig makes you cry:(

been thru that scenario in my old car.

you are the 4th black prelude in two months that has got in to an accident...

:mad: :( :eek:

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
thank god u got a note.. atleast it wasn't some **** like "i'm sorry i hit ur car...." and thats it with no number and ****..

much better than the assholes at my school who hit my car and dont leave notes.. or they have their ****in car's bumper TOUCHING MY BUMPER.. sigh... atleast have the decency to back-up so i can't tel :rolleyes:

good luck with getting everything fixed.. and i know it's still a hassle even if you're not paying for it.. its just not the same car anymore after repairs...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts