Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a g4. tweeters and the midranges. i just got this set of spl components cheap cheap to replace these blown factory pieces.

my question is about the crossover. do i not need them since the car's speaker system is already split? or if i do need them, how do i run the wires? both the midrange and tweeter wires running into the crossovers single set of +/- input?

i hope this makes sense. thanks!
v

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh can i just buy one of them cheap 50$ amps off ebay to clean the sound up? legacy, profile...they're 4ch amps. i wont be pushing power, someone just told me an amp will clean the sound up and help protect the speakers from blowing??????

v

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
I got a Pioneer GM-X352 off ebay for $45 shipped. It fits under the passenger seat just fine.

It made an incredible difference in my sound quality. I ran 16 gauge wires to my components, which can get a little tedious if you do it right.

I would use the crossovers. They prevent the wrong frequencies from getting to the speakers and damaging them. If you go ahead and buy an amp, you might as well run new wires to the speakers just so you make sure everything is done right the first time.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not gettin an amp rite away. not a priority. so how do i run the wires to the crossover?

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
I have my crossovers mounted in the space behind the tweeter covers and since i have an amp, i ran mine under the carpet and up the dash to where my crossovers are. Then i ran the midrange output from the crossover through the rubber wire tube/grommets in the doors and to the speakers.

Getting it through the rubber grommets can get a bit tricky, especially in the driver's side cuz there are a bunch of wires that block your view of the grommet opening and there isn't much space between the door jamb and the frame of the car to work in.

I suggest getting an amp now so you don't have to redo the wiring to the crossovers in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts