Honda Prelude Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my completely STOCK 96 vtec lude when a type R pulls up next to me and revs on me, i though i was done for, But then... we started racing over the bridge and I was pulling on it pritty hard, at about 90 I was 1/2 to 1 carlength ahead... I though that the car was supposed to CRUSH me.. guess not heh
I only raced to see what mine would do against it. Im never gonna forget the look she had on her face ha. jus though I would share my story

·
Registered
662 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude Brotha:
I was driving my completely STOCK 96 vtec lude when a type R pulls up next to me and revs on me, i though i was done for, But then... we started racing over the bridge and I was pulling on it pritty hard, at about 90 I was 1/2 to 1 carlength ahead... I though that the car was supposed to CRUSH me.. guess not heh
I only raced to see what mine would do against it. Im never gonna forget the look she had on her face ha. jus though I would share my story
</font>

It's no surprise that 96VTEC beats an ITR.
Stick in torque/hp/weight into the equation
and see what happens. 97-02 ludes are
another story; our asses are too heavy.

KC

·
Registered
81 Posts
On the way home from the so cal prelude meet, i was slowing down towards a light, when i saw a black 2000 type R so i go after him. He's making a left, we both take the turn and we gun it it was neck to neck all the way to the top of 4th gear which is about 114-117 mph. I didn't pull on him he didn't pull away from me. I was impressed since it was a rolling start, and the power to weight ratio to my 99 lude is better. We both gave each other a thumbs up and went our own seperate ways. Whatever anyone says, preludes HALL MAJOR ASSSSS!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludedude:
On the way home from the so cal prelude meet, i was slowing down towards a light, when i saw a black 2000 type R so i go after him. He's making a left, we both take the turn and we gun it it was neck to neck all the way to the top of 4th gear which is about 114-117 mph. I didn't pull on him he didn't pull away from me. I was impressed since it was a rolling start, and the power to weight ratio to my 99 lude is better. We both gave each other a thumbs up and went our own seperate ways. Whatever anyone says, preludes HALL MAJOR ASSSSS!!!</font>
Right on!

·
Registered
662 Posts
BTW guys,

If ITR is ratting with a PASSENGER in it,
we should not have ANY problems smoking it.

KC
PS-on the other hand, your fat gf may be
a problem. open da door and push her off
first.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludedude:
On the way home from the so cal prelude meet, i was slowing down towards a light, when i saw a black 2000 type R so i go after him. He's making a left, we both take the turn and we gun it it was neck to neck all the way to the top of 4th gear which is about 114-117 mph. I didn't pull on him he didn't pull away from me. I was impressed since it was a rolling start, and the power to weight ratio to my 99 lude is better. We both gave each other a thumbs up and went our own seperate ways. Whatever anyone says, preludes HALL MAJOR ASSSSS!!!</font>
AWWW YEAH!

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I've yet to race an ITR, but I've gone up against an Accord Type R.
We were neck and neck too, he couldn't lose me nor I pass him.
But I was just happy that my 93 car with 80k miles hung with a 6 month old R

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
81 Posts
BTW i even had a passenger, and he was alone. I have I/H/E, v-afc, ignition, RC tb, fpr. I dynoed at 178 at the wheels. I really wanted to race him at a light but then he kind of ran away in some apartment complex, probably go scared hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.