Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal...when it comes to car audio I just know the basics. Its been a few years since I have done anything to my car or any car other than a headunit and subs. I know products have changed alot blah blah. My point is I need the help of you guys to help pick out a setup for my parents Navigator. The just got their second Navi and this one didn't come with the rear monitor. What they want is a single rear monitor that folds down for the roof and has a VCR or DVD connected to it. From the factory this option is kinda costly. My first thought was an indash, but they dont want that. They want it to be for the rear passengers only. I'm open for suggestions...as long as they are in these guide lines: Not an indash setup (unless you can tell me what to say inorder to get them to think thats a good idea), no head rest monitors, no carry on video on a bag sh!t ( I think that looks cheap ). Thanks a lot guys! Oh and our budget isn't the highest...basically the rents don't like to spend $$ on stuff they dont need, but they want a Video monitor for my little bro so I figured I could hit them up for something cool.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
your rents have two navi's? damn...tell em to adopt me :D

tell your rents to get an indash cuz then you can add on a navi system juss incase they wanted to go long distance traveling :)

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to clear that up...its our second Navi...meaning we traded the first one on this one. Didn't mean to confuse peeps. Anyhow, the problem with the indash is that people in the back have no way of seeing it. Even a 7" screen would be to small.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I have been looking around and found something a bit more to what I was thinking of doing with the Navi. The Farenheit T5612MR is a 5.6" monitor that goes on the back of your headrest. It is a no cut install and it can be taken off easily it looks like. I could do the install of the monitors myself. But...what else is needed to hook lets say two of these things up to the factory Alpine stereo and a PS2?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
98VTEC said:
Ok, I have been looking around and found something a bit more to what I was thinking of doing with the Navi. The Farenheit T5612MR is a 5.6" monitor that goes on the back of your headrest. It is a no cut install and it can be taken off easily it looks like. I could do the install of the monitors myself. But...what else is needed to hook lets say two of these things up to the factory Alpine stereo and a PS2?

ok..im thinkin of it like this

your gonna need a pair of y splitters to split the signal between the 2 monitors, then your gonna need 2 set of rca's maybe 16 feet each, an aux-in so that you can send the sound and vid in from the ps2, a power inverter and i think thats it. ill respond later since im pretty drunk right now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts