Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I went to kragen and I think one other place and they sadi that the only filter that shows up on their comp is a mobile 1, and that one is $12. I'm tired of spending all that money.

so my question is, is there another brand that is proper for the base lude? Preferably FRAM?

Thank you.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I'm pretty sceptical on that, because they may not. They are in a different position, so they may not be the same size, but honestly, I have no clue.

·
4ce fed H22
1,041 Posts
They only said they have one brand filter that would work??? there should be a list of filters. I always had to look it up because I could never remember the part number.

Go to the oil filter section and look through the book yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok you probably need to stop going to those places that say that b/c there is plenty of filters for the base and SH available:
Mobile one as they said
Fram
K&N
AC Delco
Beck
Bosch
Penzoil

Since 83 nearly all of the preludes take the same oil filter....
from the sohc 1.8s and 2.3s to the dohc 2.2s....same filter

and look it only took 5 minutes to look up about 8 different years and models.....
i run fram filters in both of my ludes...

if your wanting fram look for the.. 3593A filters... there are a few variations of the filter depending on if you want std, xtended life, tough guard, high mileage....

hope this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got a K&N oil filter just today at an AutoZone. AutoZone and Kragen are essentially the same company. They should have more than one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts