Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had just gotten off work and turned onto the main road, theres a car up ahead, and one coming up from behind quickly...he catches me, and shifts, i hear his BOV, im like ok, sweet, but i had just started my car and thus vtec woudnt work, so i just criused, then the car ahead had slowed down, turned out to be a 93 stang GT, who wanted to race so there i sat with my car no properly warmed up, and two willing participants...im like ugh...so we continue to cruise, the stang takes off..didnt really impress me...finally get to an open stretch my car is warm now...and i downshift and take off....he wasnt ready so he fell quite a bit back...we get even again and i wait for him to hit it...as he hits it, i then downshift, he had gotten about a half a car on me, thus his rear wheel was at me front, rip the end of second, shift to third, he creeps, i creep back, hit fourth stayed there and he let off, i was pretty impressed, he didnt really pull anything, but he had that 1/2 car so technically he won, we stopped an talked, nice set-up..was running the d17 sohc vtec motor, full turbo..9psi he said..ZEX75 shot, and a seperate nitrous tank for his intercooler to cool the intake charge...first decent import ive seen in this area for quite sometime..i was impressed..so there ya have it!:D

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the mustang turned off, it only had like exhaust, nothing major he wouldve lost to both of us..very quick car..the civic was..but then again with that much FI and nitrous id expect it to be, i dont think i did bad considering my mods..and the guy who owned it was cool...unlike so many of the people in this scene lately..peace

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
all those mods and teh civic was only running at 13.7 about...what a shame. if I see EX from now on and a turbo, I won't be that scuuurred.

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
wow man, seems like a decent race. So no excuses, you lost fair and square? or were you not warmed up fully?

·
Roar!
665 Posts
Turboing those lil sohc civics seems dum to me.

Theres one around here I raced and I beat him by trucklengths.
No nitrous tho.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Deepmist said:

No nitrous tho.
why is it dumb to turbo a single cam? theres a guy here running a 94 civic hatch with the sohc vtec 1.6..runs 13.0 all day..and this civic would probably have put buslengths on you, but its all good

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I remember a long time ago you were arguing on how keeping your butterflys open all the time really helps your top end. I looked at your sig and thought, since you have a p28 that comp. is not used to having butter flys so basically it compensates for not having them, so if you keep them open all the time it doesnt really hurt you as bad as satan srv says. He did a dyno with his obd2 comp with his butterflys open. If you were to do this with obd2 comps it would not work because it would take power away. Do you see wat im getting at? Sorry for this post, but i just had it on my mind. Good work with your car. That **** must be sick.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Deepmist said:

No nitrous tho.
u seem dum to me for making that comment.

the D16 is a lot stronger than the DOHC engines...b/c it is a SOHC.

Y do u think all the benzes come in SOHC???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
573 Posts
makavelli1227 said:

u seem dum to me for making that comment.

the D16 is a lot stronger than the DOHC engines...b/c it is a SOHC.

Y do u think all the benzes come in SOHC???

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
i am curious why are the SOHC stronger, i always thought that DOHC was the thing to get but not if your turboing up?? can somebody clarify that for me, cause yea all the civics that i see turboed are usually the SOHC now that i think about it. :confused:

·
Banned
1,721 Posts
i used to drive a 4 door lx 5speed civic :eek: :eek:

lets just say thank god for prelude... and vtec.. i was about to swap a b18c, but I love my prelude so much better

·
Registered
573 Posts
B0b said:
i used to drive a 4 door lx 5speed civic :eek: :eek:

lets just say thank god for prelude... and vtec.. i was about to swap a b18c, but I love my prelude so much better
by the way welcome to the board you'll love your car too, preludes are the SH!T:bigthumb:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dang quick civics all over the place... Im suprised you hung with it but you did a great job for n/a :bigthumb:

Hey is it that purple one that I have been hearing about? Chills at New way autos supposedly. Heard that civic was turbo and nitroused out too so maybe it was that one?

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
haha speaking of civics, i just hate them. you know why? cuz their so facking slow. but well well, ppl spend money and make them crazy fast. my friend had a all motor sleeper civic running 12.7's. i hate it when u match up against something thats SUPPOSED to be slow.. and they own. but thats just part of the fun aint it? :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Man.... i have seen like 2 decent civic's 1 was a ls/vtec and ran VERY HARD... 12.1 on slicks.... the other was a civic si with the vortec supercharger and i ate that thing like a pack of gummy worms.... they just aint all that is they are 1.7 sohc's or below... (sorry civic owner's and respectors!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aZnLuDeR82 said:
Dang quick civics all over the place... Im suprised you hung with it but you did a great job for n/a :bigthumb:

Hey is it that purple one that I have been hearing about? Chills at New way autos supposedly. Heard that civic was turbo and nitroused out too so maybe it was that one?
yeah that was him...we talked afterwards, pretty cool guy, it was a pretty even race, eh got a jump, and we stayed right there...i was impressed nonetheless:bigthumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts