Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey. I lost my keys, they had the alarm and the key. i have one left but i'm scared if i lose that one too, then i'll be screwed. what should i do? go back to honda and get it? and what about the alarm. will they make me another control? also.. how much? anyone know? i heard it's 60 bucks a key.. is that true?

·
Registered
225 Posts
sup joedaddy,
i saw you yesterday driving on campus. couldnt get your attention tho

eric

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
damn $60 for a key is a rip off!!! I got mine at the dealer for only $10-15. Or you can go even cheaper and take your extra copy to wal-mart or home depot to make copies for only like $1-2.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by estse:
sup joedaddy,
i saw you yesterday driving on campus. couldnt get your attention tho

eric
</font>
which one of the 1000000 ludes at UCI do you drive. LOL!
... I can say, i drive the Red one with a spoiler and I get singled out!!!

------------------

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
which one of the 1000000 ludes at UCI do you drive. LOL!
... I can say, i drive the Red one with a spoiler and I get singled out!!!

</font>
all stock white lude... I saw your car too...I know it's yours cuz ur door protector doesn't MATCH..
tell me i am talking to da right person

------------------

·
Registered
394 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludepower99:
hey. I lost my keys, they had the alarm and the key. i have one left but i'm scared if i lose that one too, then i'll be screwed. what should i do? go back to honda and get it? and what about the alarm. will they make me another control? also.. how much? anyone know? i heard it's 60 bucks a key.. is that true?</font>
To get a new one, I believe you need to bring in the RED key so they can program you a new one.

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
235 Posts
I also go to UCI, i always wondered if any of the preludes i see are on this board. btw, i drive a 98 White SH w/ some mods.

Sorry, i know this thread was about lost keys...

Tony

·
Registered
230 Posts
Im the Expert at this one =P cuz when i bought my car used i only got one Valet key and 3 months later i lost it =) eh anyways its 70 bucks a replacement and also to Replace the Whole Imbolizer unit like i did its total is like 507.37 or something like that the imbolizer head unit is 255.00 and the installation is the rest =P but anyways 2 weeks later i found my lost key which i but hey at least i know immoblizer works =) i tried both keys only the new ones work now =P ok.......

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jasonx82:
its 70 bucks a replacement and also to Replace the Whole Imbolizer unit like i did its total is like 507.37 or something like that the imbolizer head unit is 255.00 and the installation is the rest =P </font>
Well, that should be ANOTHER reason why 5gen prelude drivers shouldn't misplace their keys...sheesh...but that's the price you pay for safety, i guess. *shrugs*

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Registered
825 Posts
thank god the dude that sold me my ride hit me off with the red key

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

[This message has been edited by KQ (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by preludepower99:
hey. I lost my keys, they had the alarm and the key. i have one left but i'm scared if i lose that one too, then i'll be screwed. what should i do? </font>
look for them! jk

hope you find them, if not, the red key is the key

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey bout ur keys...

u know that making extra copies of the 5th generation prelude will not work right?...... the got some kinda microchip in it that the lude detects to start the engine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bring in the red key to a Honda dealer and they will make a copy for you. For the alarm, they will reset it or something so that it erases the memory from before so if someone finds your keys and tries to jack your car they can't. The dealer will reset the system over again and store a new code or something in. Don't get a copy at like a Wal-mart type place...you'll mess up the car when you try and start it

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
But will the car even start with a wal-mart key or anything similiar to it or it must be a dealer key?!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts