1/4 15.1 @93
top speed 137
70-0 181

Si
0-60 7.2
1/4 [email protected]
top speed 129
70-0 180

whoever collected data for VTEC net has never been in a prelude... but seriously... how fast has your cars gone, considering it was straight open road for 2 miles in the middle of the night with no cars whatsoever around or even on the same road to witness.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'll bet that the numbers they have were quoted from a magazine for a 4th gen VTEC, so that might be pretty accurate.
I have seen an indicated 143mph in my 97 SH.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
145 for me. base SS, plus the fact there were other cars on the road.

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
my 93 p14 speed governor is set at around 135. i hear the jdm h22s are governed at 115??

------------------
don't touch me . . .
aim:jR93si4ws

93vtec4ws

·
Registered
11 Posts
the 137mph is for 4th gen VTEC Ludes, they have slightly shorter gearing than the 5th gens and redline at 137mph on stock diameter wheels.

------------------
'99 Prelude SH

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was in the process of topping mine out......got up to about 142 when a little pebble hit my windshield!!!! that was ****ing scary.........put a real nice crack in my windshield. I need a new one now. Should I go to Honda or any glass place would do????

------------------
2000 Prelude Type SH
Premium Pearl White

MODS: AEM CAI, DC Header, Greddy PE Exhaust, Vitek Wires, AEM CamGears, AEM TruPwr Pulleys, UR Crank Pulley, Apexi V-AFC, ACT XT Clutch, DC ShortShift Adaptor, ZEX 55 Shot Nitrous

V-Spec Coilovers, DC Fr. Upper Strut Bar, CarbonFiber Hood, OEM Bodykit, 17" Nippon Racing/NittoNT555ZRs, Type S shiftknob........

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aaron97SH:
I'll bet that the numbers they have were quoted from a magazine for a 4th gen VTEC, so that might be pretty accurate.
I have seen an indicated 143mph in my 97 SH.
</font>
Honda speedos tend to be a bit optomistic, so I would guess that that indicated 143 was around 139, depending on tread wear and if you are using stock wheels and tire sizes.

Actually I have seen one odd magazine number that stated 137, the rest have been around 140 with even a 142 for the 4th Gen VTEC.

In fact the 95 Prelude VTEC was in an issue of M/T that featured the 16 cars that were available in America for under $50K that you could buy that would run at least 140.

The Prelude VTEC made the cut.

They even commented on how the Prelude felt as if it was going 80 m.p.h. while actually doing 140 m.p.h. Very stable!!

The Integra GS-R didn't make the cut.

Neither did the Mustang GT or Cobra, although they taped up the front end of the Cobra for aerodynamics and got it to run 140 after doing so, but that still failed it.

Keep in mind these were 95 model cars, the 01 GT's would run 150 easily.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
I don't believe in Titles
3,081 Posts
You should mention this to your department for your next cars to buy for squad cars - and as an added bonus - any suspect will rue the day he tried to do anything illegal after getting in the back seat!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
You should mention this to your department for your next cars to buy for squad cars - and as an added bonus - any suspect will rue the day he tried to do anything illegal after getting in the back seat!</font>

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5Gen_Prelude:
You should mention this to your department for your next cars to buy for squad cars - and as an added bonus - any suspect will rue the day he tried to do anything illegal after getting in the back seat!</font>
LOL

No room for a screen, nice chase car though.

I have mentioned the M5 though, just got funny looks, hmmmmmm, I think its in the budget.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i top out at 150 mph in my 5 gen.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i have a pic. in my boys 5gen with just a CAI doing over 150...someone tell me how to post it.or can i send it to someone and they do it for me.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I have gone 145-150mph several times on a closed track at VIR raceway. I would imagine that I was really only going 135 though since the speedometer is so far off.

vtec in 5th gear is..well..amazing.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Its easy to hit the end of the speedo in a 5th Gen. I've only done 145, but have not had a stretch of free road long enough to go faster (and feel moderately safe).

------------------

98 Black Lude
5 Speed

·
Registered
51 Posts
there's no way those numbers are right. i took my '92 si till it hit rev limiter in 5th, so i pegged the needle at 140mph. i'm pretty sure the speedo isn't that far off (129 as posted earlier)

------------------
Hmmm, I need Vtec already...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've had my stock 99 base to an indicated 149mph. I'll the spedo is not quite accurate though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts