Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is nick and i am a 17 year old high school junior and today my dad went out and bought me a 98 base model honda prelude
http://members.home.net/hondaprelude/images/peoplesurepal.jpg
It came with the rims and i was wondering if anyone knows what kind they are also i have a pretty large budget to spend on mods for this car 10 g's about because i have been savin for my own car until my dad gave me this as my birthday present, well i love it already but any suggestions as to what mods should be done are grealty appreciated as for i am only 17 i was thinking of a supercharger also body kits, new color, lowering springs, and any other nice lookin options also a sound system ~thanks in adavance for any idea's i recive i will be on for a few hours today~

G

·
Look alot like my rims.. if they are my rims, they are Volk Racing AV3's.
If they aren't they are probably Konig look-alikes

We're always here to help you spend your money. Though you may think 10k is alot, let me tell you, modding an import car, 10k goes quick

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by trehlo:
People with nice cars need their own state.</font>

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
LUCKY BASTARD!!

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i really hope u didnt use ur sister or even worse ur mom to pose in that pic... LMAO

anwyays, congrats

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
is that your mom????? Dude that is just WRONG..you have a lot to learn about the import scene my friend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the girl in the pic is my girl friend she is wayyy to self enveous and she first decides she wants to strattle the door..... needless to say i was like no way and that didn't go over so well so we settled for that picture instead does anybody know anything about aem high flow fuel rails, aem tru-power pulleys, and also exhaust advice thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
do not use the 10k on your car... its already a nice car with rims.. come on! next thing you know you'll be like the majority of us prelude owners... nice car... big ego... no money for food, clothes, gas, and must avoiding girls for fear of debt.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Best advice:
Learn how to drive the car first and then wait a few more months before adding anything like a tubo or supercharger.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
there are a lot of past threads that will be useful to you. Use the search feature and hopefully your questions can be answered, if not then hopefully we can all help you out, the majority of people on this board is knowledgable.
Congrats with the new car man, and welcome to the board.

[This message has been edited by po0p (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Take it easy... enjoy the car for now.

First you need to find out what you want to do. Next you need to see what is available for the car. Finally, you need to research how you're going to do it (money, time, who does work, risks of any engine mods, etc.). All this takes a LONG time.

Spend a few months on these forums, don't buy into the hype of any product and promise yourself that you won't spend money for at least 3 months (I'd suggest a year). You bought your car at a very bad time - early spring. Now is when the itch to mod it is the greatest
I'd wait.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
oops... I mean rims, my bad.
</font>
HAHAHAHA u dirty dog. we know what youre thinking of 24/7.

ur one lucky kid, having wicked parents that buy u a prelude!

have fun with it!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lucky guy, I wasn't even driving at 17. It looks clean leave it for a while and enjoy it. Yeah, before you know it you'll be one of us, too poor to eat, buy clothes, etc... all for modding up the lude, the insanity has to stop

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im not really fear full of losing money because im only 17 and my parents still have to take care of me and my father is the ceo of an electronics company so money isnt really an issue! im going to practice stick for a while in my girlfriends car we jsut got back from practicing in a local parking lot but i really hate stock cars they just don't have there own unique look to them also a turbo or supercharger will only helo me not hurt me im not worried about keeping the factory warrenty and down the road from me there is a performance shop and they told me to decide on the parts i want and they will install them i just need to decide on what i really want! by the way how much does a top of the line turbo or supercharger run with installation? thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
mmm..White! Good choice!

------------------
that ludes sweet but ur mamas tassstttyyy

You want Advice? ask your nearest RiceAdvisor

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts