Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who ever he bought it from is a real ass, all the money he spent on it and the guy hosed him on a bunch of parts, and worse he got the manifold and it had cracks in it, I have the Greddy boost controller sitting in my hand, and I dont know how to install it cause the guy has all this weird crap on it, so if anyone has a link on how to install it please let me know, also I think Spocko wants to sell the deltagate wastgate and his HKS super mega flow filter, so if anyone wants it email him.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I'd just try contacting Greddy to see if they can send you new instructions. I can't believe the manifold is cracked... that was the whole thing he was hyping about the kit...

Unfortunately, this is the same experience I had with a used kit I picked up. It just looks like a tangled mess when it gets to you. The time and energy it takes to install a used "kit" is greater than starting off brand-new.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I could be wrong, but wasn't Spocko going to ditch the manifold for a Kiwi anyway too?

·
Registered
951 Posts
The manifold WAS a kiwi... well, it was a prototype Kiwi. I figured he was having problems since the weather's warming up and he still hadn't shown back up.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
that's why buying turbo kits online is a no-no. unless you can actually inspect the kit. what condition the turbo is in and such. can't just trust the words of another person just because they're on the board.

anyway, the problem with manifolds cracking is that once it does, it will always crack.

the reason is, no matter how good of a weld you get on it, you can't weld it near the temperature the manifold is taking in when it's in operation.

nothing will happen when driving, but spocko will just lose boost.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
what do you not know how to install exactly?

the greddy boost controller is pretty simple to hook up. this is how you hook it up generally speaking. the greddy solenoid should have two barbed hose fittings to connect to. one splices the line to the pressure source going to the turbo to the site port of the wastegate. the other barb fitting goes to the top port of the wastegate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See thats just it its missing some stuff, and there is just a tangled mess from hell but I hope to figure it all out soon Im doing his install May 5th, the dick didnt even include the oil feed line or a bunch of fittings, which he had to order and I picked some up at the store, the kiwi mani. turbo and downpipe are getting HPC coated I think right now, but I sure hope this idiot that sold it to him at least welded a flange to the down pipe so i can just bolt it onto the car, other than that I was in Spockos car on Monday and it was fun and looks cool, although he did lose to my girlfriends probe, it was just an accident though the VTEC wire wasnt connected

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah- that pisses me off about the cracked Kiwi manifold- but I hope the welding AND then the HPC Xtreme coating will be enough to hold her. I figure if the coating can keep the heat in up to 2,000 F, it should be able to keep the boost in too.

The guy that sold me it is Tai something or other. His name was Turbo7SPE on here, but I think he changed it after he sold me his kit. Oh well- I'll let you know how it all works out later...

·
Registered
906 Posts
And yeah, not having the Vtec Solenoid wire hooked up makes a HUGE difference in power- as one can imagine. Damn I'd almost begun to think my car was just slow(Friday car) or something...Vtec is so much fun(and fast too!)

I'll take that Probe on now(hehe...)

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
The guy that sold me it is Tai something or other. His name was Turbo7SPE on here, but I think he changed it after he sold me his kit.</font>

What a damn hooligan (Tai). I remember eyeing that kit myself, now I know why he was selling it somewhat cheaper than I expected. Well goodluck with the manifold.

·
Registered
500 Posts
spocko, will you sell me your hks air filter? sorry to hear about your problems. if there is anything we can do, we will sure help you out. =)

I will check with Atomic to see if i can find out more about this guy..

------------------
98 Turbo Prelude
www.151boost.com

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks 98Luder. Make me a fair offer for it, and I will sell it to you. I know what they run new, and how old mine is(1 year), so hit me and I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Spocko

1 - 13 of 13 Posts