Honda Prelude Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ludakris_SH:
I'm having trouble uploading to photopoint right now. I'll post it as soon as I can.</font>
if you want to email it to me ([email protected]) i'll post it elsewhere for you. photopoint stinx.

·
0 Posts
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST

Got it??

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
ttt

dammit I wanna see this for myself

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Here's the pic, I'll let Ludakris fill in the data. n/m it's in the email...

"The first run was after not resetting for a long time. Most people of the 50
I saw lost 1-5 HP for the second run. The last one. I set the V-AFC to 4600
from 4800 factory. And put -3 on the fuel from 4500 up. Thanks by the way."

------------------

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Since hardly anyone responded to my post earlier...I'll go ahead and repost my dyno graph...hehe. I don't care if it's random.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

[This message has been edited by jmcn (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
You're gonna go turbo, right jmcn? Custom? kit?

------------------

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Is that a SS car? If not are you running any mods? It seems that most people pull those #'s stock and with a VAFC I'd think you'd see some higher numbers.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
A 1 hp difference and a 1 ft-lb difference?
I was expecting a greater difference.
</font>
no kidding.. 1hp? thats it?

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
If anyone actually LOOKS at the graph (JOON! =P) you can see big differences in the runs. Don't just look at the numbers, look at the graph itself. Torque just before VTEC and everything in the pre-vtec torque range. That's a fairly noticeable difference. But after VTEC the variations are very slight.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TimeRacer:
If anyone actually LOOKS at the graph (JOON! =P) you can see big differences in the runs. Don't just look at the numbers, look at the graph itself. Torque just before VTEC and everything in the pre-vtec torque range. That's a fairly noticeable difference. But after VTEC the variations are very slight. </font>
So it smooths it out......peak still hasn't changed much.....I know what you're saying TimeRacer and I noticed that before as well. (NOT a flame) Don't get me wrong though.....smoothing it out ain't bad. I was just expecting something TOTALLY different.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Is that a SS car? If not are you running any mods? It seems that most people pull those #'s stock and with a VAFC I'd think you'd see some higher numbers.
</font>
I was thinking the same thing too.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I'm not understanding... How does that graph show that OBDII is detrimental?

Those are some nice gains in the midrange with the VAFC tuning, but isn't 4600rpm a little low? ~5200RPM is stock...

Also, JMCN, those are some NICE numbers for a bone-stock '97 SH

I will be doing some baseline runs on my bone-stock 2000 Base within the next 2 weeks hopefully... then I'll put all my mods on, and I'll do some more runs... Hee hee

Andrew

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, first off the numbers are low because I had the 18" chrome rims on. I have Racing sport akimoto intake, DC CC header, Random technology cat, greddy PE exhaust, and Jun Ultra light flywheel. I have been driving for 5-6K miles before this run so the ECU has had time to do it's thing. The first time I went to the dyno it was with the intake and some custom crap Dynomax muffler. This new dyno shows that I have gained 17 foot lbs of torque at 3500 rpms and I had the factory wheels on my first dyno. This must say a lot for the flywheel since the other mods are for top end at the loss of low end. 20 gained at 4k and 7 at 4.5K. Now for the rest. Of the 50 dyno runs I watched. Most people lost 2-3 Hp on the second run I gained 1 (this is at peak). This shows an increase of 3-4 HP. Not much but how much did the mods help in the first place? Also @ no point does the second run fall below the first. Now to point out the part of the V-AFC. It is not tuned and the factory VTEC is not at 5200. If you believe that then you must only have the factory tach. This was a free dyno run and I just took my third one as a chance to lean it a little to see what would happen. I even put everything right back to 4800 and zero. They didn't have a Air/Fuel meter. I will get to the dyno soon, but not until I get my cam gears on. As for 4600 being to low. The dyno does not lie. I did gain power, so know it was not to soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
...the factory VTEC is not at 5200. If you believe that then you must only have the factory tach... </font>
I could have sworn that I saw other dyno results where there is a strong power surge @ 5200rpm, indicating an engage of VTEC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
554 Posts
This shows an increase of 3-4 HP. Not much but how much did the mods help in the first place? [/B]</font>
Ok, so your first run is before you reset the ECU correct, then your second run is after, then your 3rd run you adjusted your vtec engagement point. How long after you were driving did the first run take place? And how long after the car was sitting did the second and third runs take place?

·
Registered
433 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Link:
I could have sworn that I saw other dyno results where there is a strong power surge @ 5200rpm, indicating an engage of VTEC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

</font>
its 4800rpms when flooring it through the whole gear..from a cruise and not flooring it to floor at like 90mph it might kick in at 5200rpms.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The car was setting in the show all day. Then I pulled it over to the dyno and let it warm up. So the second pull might have shown more gain if the car was heated up with a good hard drive first, but it still showed improvement. The time to each run is posted right on the dyno sheat. It took about a min to reset the ECU and clear the way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.