Honda Prelude Online banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thats my philosophy, too. I can get an H22 with LSD done right for $3500. That includes changing all belts, seals...etc. Like I said, I am getting a beater first. Then I can take my time.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Whats the problem with your engine now ??? Mine H23 eats 3qts between changes ... although I put in some engine treatment before my last oil change (let it run for 15mins .. ) because my oil was black soon as it went in .. and I only burnt 1qt and I'm due for a change ...

I haven't even changed my timing belt and am just going to tough it out if she blows, drive my gf's car for the duration and do a stock engine swap .. I'm leaning towards H23Vtec from the Accord SiR-T. I'll do all belts/seals, my clutch and replace the stock tranny when it goes or I can get an LSD for a decent price.

PS - you still suck! That RSR could go on my car soon as it was shipped .. :D (for those of you who dont know I was winning the RSR auction until he bid with 4seconds left .. AS$!)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
well, the JDM F22B (forgot the JDM part) is identical to the USDM H23A in that it's DOHC and its only ~100cc smaller, yet it has 3 hp less, and ~10 lb/ft tq less than the h23. not noticeable IMHO. you can use tranny AND ECU from the h23, just swap the blocks, it all works out just the same. (i dont know too much about the knock sensor, but i know i dont get a knock sensor CEL) I know another member Jorge (OSOFAST10) has the JDM F22B....he may know more than me. However, JDM F22B > USDM F22B and they are NOT the same....USDM is SOHC VTEC, i think - JDM is DOHC non-VTEC

·
Mercedes = Kraut Crap
1,990 Posts
good info, but I think he's thinking now about a more longterm job with the car, and if so, he might as well opt for the H22a, it may cost more, but like he said, he wants to do things right ... and in my opinion, right would be an H22a over an F22b -- if cost is not a factor -- which apparently it won't be if he's going to buy a beater and take his time with the Prelude ... smart choice.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
You mean hybrid?? .. go for it, but its easier to put the H23 crank/rods/pistons into the H22 block than it is to put an H22 head on the H23 block because of pullys, belts not fitting etc.

I haven't heard of anybody breaking a hybrid by NOT revving the sh!t out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Selling 4th gen with rebuilt blueprinted balanced engine. Also has new 2" exhaust, radiator, suspension, oil pump and many other new parts. Passenger side crushed in accident. Still drivable and runs beautifully. Oh, also has header.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts