Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Luders! I am the proud owner of a 2001 Silver SH, and new to this board.

I have some questions regarding I/H/E set-ups. Would anyone have the data from dyno tests for the following set-ups:

Any intake/Mugen Header/Mugen Exhaust
or
Any Intake/DC Sports Header/GReddy Exhaust

I'll be installing some I/H/E set-up in the near future, and I'm trying to get an idea of what I want.

I'm interested in knowing the gains you guys have found with your specific set-ups.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
WELCOME!
and sorry I can't help u with any of that....but WELCOME!

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

[This message has been edited by some canadian guy (edited April 30, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Well, the mugen header/exhaust will ovbiously be the nicest.. but thats going to cost you QUITE a bit more...

I saw a couple dyno sheets with mugen headers/exhaust, ill post it if i find it again

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've looked at Mugen, and they are pricey but worth "every penny" according to some. Since I won't go much further than I/H/E, I may spend the money... but then again...

I would appreciate that info if you find it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I have/had akimoto intake, which i made cold air by adding piping. DC CC header, and greddy PE exhaust. The header works WITH the exhaust. The header alone doesn't do much. However the exhaust sounds a whole lot better with the header. The gains are probably around 10-15hp at the flywheel with this mods. NOthing fancy but if you get a good air fuel mix this is what you need. Good luck

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hambones:
Yeah, I've looked at Mugen, and they are pricey but worth "every penny" according to some. Since I won't go much further than I/H/E, I may spend the money... but then again...

I would appreciate that info if you find it. Thanks!
</font>

if your'e not going to go much further than i/h/e, save your money and dont get the mugen stuff. you may end up actually losing hp in your overall powerband since the mugen parts are designed for high hp apps. you wont really be able to take advantage of the long primaries of the header.

with the money you save you could get something that you want more. it sounds like you're into i/h/e just for the hell of it.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:

if your'e not going to go much further than i/h/e, save your money and dont get the mugen stuff. you may end up actually losing hp in your overall powerband since the mugen parts are designed for high hp apps. you wont really be able to take advantage of the long primaries of the header.
</font>
I think the Mugen headers and exhaust are 'whole powerband' things, as opposed to the Mugen offerings for Integras. The header is still a 4-2-1 and the exhaust ... well, most Prelude exhausts don't give much, but damn the Mugen sounds sweet.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
299 Posts
of course..this question really depends on what you are looking for to consider what is best...however, I have:
AEM CAI/Mugen Header/Mugen Exhaust

I haven't dyno'd this yet...but I can definitely feel a substantial difference with just this when I'm past +3k rpms.

------------------
97 Prelude
Mugen headers/exhaust
AEM CAI
AEM Pulleys

Koni Sports
H&R Sports
Neuspeed Upper Strut
SS Rear Sway (in box)
bunch of nyc dents

·
Registered
164 Posts
for superb quality and looks, nothing beats mugen products. for performance, theyre pretty much the same. all i gotta say is butt dynos dont mean much except sounds badass!!!

------------------
Eddie
DarkAngel RS (AIM)
mailto: [email protected]
94 Integra RS NOTEC sedan
www.hondaclub.com
Hybrid Forum Moderator
Off-Topic Moderator

My Baby other than my car:

a cutie and a hottie...ultimate combo :)
March 10 was a wonderful day and
God blessed the world on April 28

·
Registered
800 Posts
I agree with Spite. I have the Mugen H/E and they do not sap any hp out of the lower end of the power band like the 4-1 design for the teg does. I know the butt dyno is worthless but I never claimed to have gained anything huge, I just didn't lose anything.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:

if your'e not going to go much further than i/h/e, save your money and dont get the mugen stuff.
with the money you save you could get something that you want more. it sounds like you're into i/h/e just for the hell of it.
</font>
Actually, I am seeking horsepower gains... I mean, I don't want my car to sound great if I can't back it up (at least to a certain extent).

I think eventually, in addition to i/h/e, I'll add pulleys, and perhaps cams and stronger springs (and whatever else goes into an aftermarket cam upgrade). The mugen coil-overs are also on my list of mods.

Basically, I want to tweak more speed out of this car without sacrificing too much reliability (I want to drive it whenever the weather is nice, and take it on trips). If I can get an additional 20-30 hp (flywheel) out of this car while keeping it a reliable daily driver I will be extremely happy.

Thanks a lot for the feedback... please keep it coming!

[This message has been edited by Hambones (edited May 01, 2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts