Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the link to the post where there were pics and stuff of the fuse box and wires? Thanks.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does that mean the link no longer exists?

------------------
2000 Type SH
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
Registered
295 Posts
sorry it looks like the pic is gone. it was in the 4sale forum. maybe coiled has a pic?
or if u want i can go take a look and tell u where the wires go

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coiled: If U have a pic...could you post it? Is there anyway to mount them so the units aren't upside down? Thanks!

------------------
2000 Type SH
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I don't have the pictures anymore. I know what you're talking about, the picture that was posted in the 4sale forum by mook.

but anyway, here's my best description. It's a very easy installation.

Your kit will come with 2 ballasts, and 2 plugs for each ballast. You will only use the green \ black ones. Forget about the ones with the Red.

Now, take off your fuse box cover under the hood.

Facing the car, looking at the hood going back, here are some instructions:

You will notice the two headlight fuses on the right side of the box (they are yellow 20). Each of those yellow fuses control the left and right headlight. -- If you don't see the yellow fuses, look on the top of the fuse box cover to find exactly where it is.

Take each of those fuses out, and place them into the fuse holder of the Catz ballast (the one connected to the green\black wires). Do that for both ballasts.

Now that you've done that, plug in the green\black wired fuse to where your old headlight fuses were. --- IMPORTANT --- Make sure the green wires are on the inside. By this, I mean...

You have two fuses:

==fuse1== ==fuse2==

facing the car looking at the hood to the rear...you will install the wires as such:

==black-green== ==green-black==

that's what I mean by the green wires will be on the inside. That is VERY important.

Lastly, make sure you have a good ground, and then you are done.

the install took me roughly 15-20min.

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SuperFlea: MUCHOS GRACIAS! Now 1 more thing...how do i wire the highs to work w/the zetas? Thanks!

------------------
2000 Type SH

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Here's the thing. Only the set of bulbs can be powered by the zeta at a time.

The wiring method I gave you is the "simple" install, which works with the low beams only.

For getting them to work with the highs, some wire splicing needs to be done with the headlight wires. I didn't want to do any splicing.

Coil did his with the wire splicing. Might want to ATTN: Coil his ass

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts