Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body know where to get LED tail lights? i seen an accord from last year that had really bright LED tails and it looked really nice. any ideas? maybe custom work?

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
No sarcasm? :(
Why? He asked a question. I answered it. I'm only a dick to people who ask for it.

edit: If you search a bit, you'll find the first instance of my hostility toward you. It was the thread where a new Prelude owner posted a large group of pics of his car. It was in pretty poor shape, and you spared no hesitation in letting him know about it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
seriously?

any body know where to get LED tail lights? i seen an accord from last year that had really bright LED tails and it looked really nice. any ideas? maybe custom work?
it's all custom work for our taillights. a few pop up on ebay every now and then but they run for some cash. the only other option are tacky ebay ripoffs that look like they should belong on a ricer.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow black lude 1 ur quite the guy hey.....take your hostility and stick it in your cars tail pipe....in any case it looks like i was on the right track with custom leds, quick question to those who have no hostility... do the lights have to be approved DOT? does any one really even check to see if they are approved?

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
wow black lude 1 ur quite the guy hey.....take your hostility and stick it in your cars tail pipe....in any case it looks like i was on the right track with custom leds, quick question to those who have no hostility... do the lights have to be approved DOT? does any one really even check to see if they are approved?
Wow.

Reread my comment toward you and ask yourself if there was one little bit of sarcasm, hostility, or disrespect toward your question. I answered your question with zero bull****. You're welcome.

But now the floodgates have been opened..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
quick question to those who have no hostility... do the lights have to be approved DOT? does any one really even check to see if they are approved?
ehh yeah sorta. they're easy to swap so keep your OEM ones around just in case (unless if you use them as a project).

honestly most people/cops shouldn't know any better if your tails came stock with LED's. you'll only get pulled over if you have a disco at the rear of your car.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, are there any other standards that have to be met aside from the reverse lights and the red brake lights? certain wattage of bulb or brightness?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
thanks, are there any other standards that have to be met aside from the reverse lights and the red brake lights? certain wattage of bulb or brightness?
in accordance to standards, taillights must emit the equivalent light of the high moon of the third month during low tide. bulbs used must precisely consume no less than 2.467 watts and no more than 52.37 watts. they must be constructed from the finest quality artisan glass ..................... alright i can't keep this up. :laugh:

hahah no the DOT is not that anal about it. although it does depend by state. the safe route is that all tail lights MUST and ONLY emit red, orange/amber/yellow, and white. nothing more or less. some states get all pissyfaced if your taillights are just chrome and light up red (with LED's) only when you depress the brake pedal, because tail lights must function both turned on and off (with reflectors and blah blah).

as far as LED tail lights, they are not much different than stuffing LED versions of stock bulbs. you are technically creating a custom lighting fixture however. but as long as the stop/running lights are red, the turn signals are amber, and the backup lights are white you will be fine. custom LED tails usually meet DOT requirements (if done right), but aren't DOT approved obviously.

(i'm also assuming you're thinking of busting open your tails and fashioning a PCB LED contraption)

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
in accordance to standards, taillights must emit the equivalent light of the high moon of the third month during low tide. bulbs used must precisely consume no less than 2.467 watts and no more than 52.37 watts. they must be constructed from the finest quality artisan glass ..................... alright i can't keep this up. :laugh:
I'd be careful messing with him. He's a serious hate-machine who'll not think twice about sending you a real nasty pm.

:laugh::laugh:

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
:nutty:

yeeeaaaahhh buuudddyyy!!
Hey, I have no problem with you, but I have to say, why is it that since you got your verbal ass-raped, that you expect that now every time blacklude1 replies to a question, he's gotta treat the person like ****? bouckarooo, you were somewhat outa place, but still doesn't deserve an ass-raping.

honestly, I gotta say, leave it alone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
way to f*ck up a good thread! lets settle it the way normal people sqush beef, crack a bottle over the guy as you drive buy in your bomb ass ride! There doesnt every one feel beter? I know i doo. :) wtf was this thread about originaly?

what do you have to do to make led tail lights yourself? i might do it.
get some led lights make an adapter cover it in electric tape and superglue the sh*t out of the leds. this isnt my dept but i think i have on lock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts