Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, today when i come out from the supermarket with a lot of food and other stuff, i am too lazy to put my damn water refill bottle on the truck, when i take it off the trunk, i am so careless(dumb) that i make some white scratches on the trunk.....do u guys think i just scratches the wax or i did scratch the paint....
i am so worry..and can i fix it???
O 1 more question, i have done a paint protectant along with my new lude, it said i never need to wax my lude while it will keep shine all the time, but now, just 2 months, i found that all that damn protectant are fade away already, and i have to wait 22 months more to re-coated it, so should i wait for it or wax it myself???????
:<

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hm..at least it's only the clearcoat...shoot.. my rims are scratched up from the curb..i know..i gotta drive more carefully..these aren't stock rims..damn it..

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so any solution to cleart the scratches???

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
try some wax first, it doesn't sound like it's a deep scratch.

------------------
1999 prelude-stock
base 5 spd
premium white

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
haha sorry but it was just funny the way you wrote this thread. had to read it a few times to get what ur saying though

what material is your "water refill bottle" made of anyways?

plus, whatever product u used as your "paint protectant" is totally BS. nothing in the world can be applied to a clear coat and pretect it FOREVER. unless u got hookups with NASA. since u didnt even tell us what the name of that product u r using is, we cant really help u on that one. but i am guessing u can apply as many coats as u want to and not have to wait so many years for your next coat.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O, spell trunk wrong with truck, sorry!! :>
My damn water refill bottom is made of plastic with some rough edge..and i have no idea what material does my coating is....i can't have a re-coat cost the dealer state that will re-coat for me every 2 yr....
so... how to fix the scratched?? and should i wax my car?????

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sheepdin:
O, spell trunk wrong with truck, sorry!! :>
My damn water refill bottom is made of plastic with some rough edge..and i have no idea what material does my coating is....i can't have a re-coat cost the dealer state that will re-coat for me every 2 yr....
so... how to fix the scratched?? and should i wax my car?????
</font>
umm... man ur just confusing me even more with the coat stuff. and its a dealer coat?? i dunno man. haha, u gota type more carefully man!

as for the scratch, just try meguiars paint and clear coat scrub or try their step#1 cleaner. really depends how deep it is. if its a platic bottle with rough edges, it should be that deep. if its a definite scratch where its actually cut INTO the paint, then theres really no hope for that one. if its very thin, u can try meguiars fine scratch and swirl remover. thats all i can think of.

and as for waxing... man... ur like totally new at this stuff huh? i suggest u got to Meguiars.com. they have an awesome thing where u fill out a simple form and they tell u what to buy and for what reason and how to wax and everything like that.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i hate scratches....once in the mornign as i was leaving i was lazy and accidentally brushed the side of one of our other cars....luckily it was only a clearcoat scratch and i was able to buff it out....but when it happened i had all this white paint from the other car on mine and i thought i had done some damage (my car is silver)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Go buy some 3M swirl remover, imperial hand glaze and wax. Guaranteed to work.

(Is there something wrong with this picture?)

------------------
<A HREF="http://gotigersgo.fansonly.com/sports/m-baskbl/mem-m-baskbl-body.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
N.I.T. RESULTS
3/13 : Memphis 71 Utah 62
3/20 : Memphis 90 UTEP 65
3/22 : Memphis 81 New Mexico 63
3/27 : Tulsa 72 Memphis 64
(we were down 20 and cut it to 3)
3/29 : Memphis 86 Detroit 71 (Third place consolation game)
Season over, record: 21-15 after starting 2-6
visit this site! http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hum... the scratches aren't very deep, but quite deep though.... i don't know if it was deep, just u can feel the scratches there when u use the finger nail to rub it........hum.........about the protectant i have, it just said it's platinum shield protection, i don't know what it is...just want to if anybody have that while purchasing the new car????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts