Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan?! My first AND last hyper white lights blew out on me. The right headlights doesnt work anymore so I put on my stock ones again.

I know this always happens to everyone elses but I've noticed something. My car wasn't the only one that went out but also my friend's too. He has the same exact car and his RIGHT side was out. It was pretty funny because he was making fun of mine and then ironically his blew out too. Well, on my way home I saw another car that had one headlight. His right side wasn't working. As I got closer, it was another 5th gen prelude! WTF? I don't know if this is just all coincidential but did you guys have your lights go out on the right side as well? Is this caused by the heatt of the battery close to the headlights? I'm just wondering.

[This message has been edited by Fusion (edited April 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
132 Posts
HAHAHAHHAH WTF!?!?!?!? mine blew out on the right too....wierd....I thought the reason for it blowing out was because I used to always shut off the engine before i turned off the light...but now I dunno....

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Mine went out on the right side too. I also went back to using the stock bulbs.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I think most people will agree that for whatever reason the stock bulbs seem to last wayyyyyy longer then any of the aftermarket bulbs. I guess between the coatings on the bulb, the gas they use in them, or whatever other reason they just don't last.

·
11,003 Posts
i got myself some Philips replacement bulbs from R&S for $6.99 ea., and they're actually much brighter than the stockies. they're just regular halogens but somehow, it shines brighter. hmmm...

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
I'm using Cats Galaxy Whites..brighter then stock also..works great. Bright white..no blue tint to them at all.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
OH Shietttt!

My right blown like 2x yet my left is still goin. WTH is wrong w/our right side?
This is interesting. Any Honda engineers on board so we could hang them!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's wierd! Does anyone have any clue to WHY it's on the ride side? I really want to know now since everyone here had the same results.

[This message has been edited by Fusion (edited April 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
702 Posts
Whoa!! I thought there was a problem on the right side and i was freaking. Right side blows first for me too! Very weird.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
by right side, do you mean the driver side or passenger side?
also, I blew out two PIAA's when I hit VTEC racing my friends RX7. even with the
extra 150 Watts, my car couldn't beat him

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i dunno, but my first pair of bulbs that went out had the LEFT one go out first (driver side). i have nokya arctic white right now and let me tell u, it just SUCKS! its bright when u look at them from outside but inside it actually gives u LESS visibility than stock! i hate bulbs that r like that.

my best piar of bulbs ever every purchased that was totally awesome was... get this... APC bulbs! yea, they lasted like most of my senior year in high school. plus the had an AWESOME brightness factor not only from outside but also from inside that greatly increased visibility.

does anyone else have suggestions of what brand that gives u good visibiity and brightness from the INSIDE of the car and not just the outside?

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
if you want aftermarket bulbs the only manufacturer i would go with is Osram. Ive had mine for a year n a half and still nothing wrong with em.

peace

------------------
98 Black Base SS

·
Registered
977 Posts
I personally like my Koito's. They give off good light on the ground and are pure white with no blue tint. I have had mine for about 6 months so far with no problems. *knocking on wood*

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imaplaya:
if you want aftermarket bulbs the only manufacturer i would go with is Osram. Ive had mine for a year n a half and still nothing wrong with em.
</font>
yes but do they actually improve visibility from the inside NOTICEABLY? i think thats the biggest factor for all of us. if not, it will be once u realize ur bulbs help u less in seeing the road though it looks brighter looking at the bulbs from outside.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow... Amazing.. Mine too.. blew out on the right side... and when I went to purchase a new set of white blub (since the first set that I got was a gift from friend.. ^+++^)... the guy at the shop had a evil grin on his face and told me to just go for a cheap cheap set cuz even if i went with the PIAA it'll still blew out in 3 month..
:-O

dang... I want HID.. hehe...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
well i always hear about 5th gen H1 bulbs always blowing out fast. But i had PIAA 9006 in my 4th gen for at least 2 years and they just blew out last week. I'm getting PIAA again b/c i think they're worth the money. but that may be a different story with H1 bulbs.

·
Holler
347 Posts
anyone ever have ne experience with the showoff bulbs? they have krypton gas injected in the bulbs along with xenon gas. there's a 3 month warranty on em and im hearing a lot of good stuff about them. they're 36 bucks shipped on GBC.

------------------
1998 nordic mist type sh

·
Registered
10 Posts
My right side blew too.

Oh yeah...the Showoff's are slightly brighter (as they are higher wattage) but they are not very white...in fact, they're yellower, than the Hyper xenons

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by notbaddd:
My right side blew too.

Oh yeah...the Showoff's are slightly brighter (as they are higher wattage) but they are not very white...in fact, they're yellower, than the Hyper xenons
</font>

when u guys use the term "BRIGHT" r u guys just saying it looks brighter when u look at it or does it actually give off more light for much better visibility on the road???

1 - 20 of 41 Posts