Honda Prelude Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
REDUCED PRICE! This is a group buy for an Infinitude 4.64 Final Drive for $495 shipped (PreludeOnline.com members and a limited time only!):

Replaces your granny-geared OEM final drive gear and matching countershaft. Going with a lower geared (higher numerical) unit will improve your acceleration and torque applied to the pavement.

4g and 5g OEM final drive ratios and increases:

92-96 Prelude S : OEM 4.06 ~ 14% increase
92-96 Prelude Si, VTEC: 4.266 ~ 9% increase
97-01 Prelude (Base model only): 4.266 ~ 9% increase

Torque/acceleration will roughly increase by these amounts and top speed (rev-limited speed in 5th) will decrease by these amounts. Chances are you don't see 145mph as it is, though! Speedometer readings will NOT be affected and will remain accurate.

This unit is made of nickel-chromoly forged steel that is diamond cut and then heat treated. Designed to be an EXACT replacement for stock, including all bearing port locations, threads, and bearing surfaces. This is a very sturdy unit and is no cheap knock-off part. We already have these running on a Honda Challenge Prelude. Please note that IMRPOPER INSTALLATION may destroy the gear and your tranny! See below for our installation services.

Sorry, but this unit will NOT work on the 97-01 TypeSH. The SH uses a different differential and FD from the factory and we do not yet have an application that will fit.

These units are in stock and ready to ship!

Infinitude 4.64 Final Drive for $495 shipped

Shipping included in the price for continental US only. We WILL ship internationally, please PM for additional shipping cost. We do not upcharge shipping, be sure to let us know if you need air ($$$) or if surface is OK when requesting a quote.

Unit requires professional installation. OK for the experienced shadetree mechanic equipped with a Helm's manual and all the tools called out. Professional installation recommended.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I have a M2B4 tranny sitting in my garage and this would be a nice addition to it...and while it's apart might as well put carbon coated synchros in it. Mmmmm that's a good price.

Anyone have any idea how much a shop might charge to install this ****? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has a Prodrive IIRC. He also runs out of RPMs in 5th at TWS, though. The 4.64 doesn't provide quite the reduction his does (4.9 IIRC).

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
marcucci said:
For locals or anyone willing to bring their tranny to us we would charge $150 for the install.
Really? That cheap, I wouldn't go to you guys seeing as I'm a long distance away but that's a good price. Are you giving a deal since they're purchasing the unit from you? Or is that your standard price?

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Standard price. The FD is so cheap we can't afford to offer any special deals. :)

Keep in mind this assumes the tranny is out and brought to us- R&R of the tranny is going to cost a lot more (6-8 hours of work). It only takes about 3 hours to get the FD in the tranny.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will work fine off of the JDM gearbox.

With the low demand for these, I'm not going to stock them anymore and the lead time will go to a month, and the price will go back to the normal retail (~$600) since my cost will be higher.

I've got 3 left at this price. When they are gone they are gone. :)

·
3,007 Posts
marcucci said:
It will work fine off of the JDM gearbox.

With the low demand for these, I'm not going to stock them anymore and the lead time will go to a month, and the price will go back to the normal retail (~$600) since my cost will be higher.

I've got 3 left at this price. When they are gone they are gone. :)
Well, I might throw you a deposit if that helps...

Keith

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. Extremely limited market and completely custom design. You are better off sending one off to Houseman and seeing if he can make one for you. Start saving now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.