Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Tyler
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need them or not? I got my 17x7 Volk GTN's today and there are no hubcentric rings. But I've heard you don't need them with Volks? Anyone?

Also.....I now have to wait another like 8 days or something for my Kyukogen lugs to get here. I have my McGard wheel locks, do the stock lugs fit on the GTN's? I guess I'll just try tomorrow, I want to get these bad boys on.

Thanks for any help.

·
x-ray vision
704 Posts
TurkeyZ said:
Do I need them or not? I got my 17x7 Volk GTN's today and there are no hubcentric rings. But I've heard you don't need them with Volks? Anyone?
you only need the hubcentric rings for your front wheels with the volks

·
Tyler
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boo....now I have to wait longer:p

Where can I get them? Are they wheel specific?? I wouldn't think so.....

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
Whats up Tyler!! You finally got those wheels bro thats kick a$$! I'd run out to Pep boys, AA Auto, Advance Auto...one of those guys should have it. Or...worst case call Discount Tire Direct. Your always better off having them. PLEASE post pics then. BTW did you get them from Screwdriver?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
^^ all cars have different bore sizes for the center hub. Since wheel manufacturers generally make the bore on the rim as large as they can to accomodate various car models, they may not be centered properly on the hub of the vehicle....so, hubcentric rings can be added to the rim, on the edge of the bore, to fit the hub perfectly, thus making it exactly in the center :)

edit: obviously, if it's even a little off of the center, it can cause wheel vibration...which is why hubcentric rings are important :bigthumb:

·
Tyler
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
98VTEC said:
Whats up Tyler!! You finally got those wheels bro thats kick a$$! I'd run out to Pep boys, AA Auto, Advance Auto...one of those guys should have it. Or...worst case call Discount Tire Direct. Your always better off having them. PLEASE post pics then. BTW did you get them from Screwdriver?
Yeah I got them from Screwdriver. I'll post pics soon.

azninside said:
What are hubcentric rings?
What ^^ he said. Did you have them for your Gram Lights?

·
Tyler
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also reason being I was talking to Raffy (screwdriver) whom I got the wheels from, and he said he didn't get them with the Volks. He never put them on so I don't know for sure but I was also told from other people they don't need them. I'll check it out when I put them on today. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
SuperFleaJQ said:
^^ all cars have different bore sizes for the center hub. Since wheel manufacturers generally make the bore on the rim as large as they can to accomodate various car models, they may not be centered properly on the hub of the vehicle....so, hubcentric rings can be added to the rim, on the edge of the bore, to fit the hub perfectly, thus making it exactly in the center :)

edit: obviously, if it's even a little off of the center, it can cause wheel vibration...which is why hubcentric rings are important :bigthumb:
do you have any pics of it? I have no idea what they are/look like....I wouldn't even know if I had them :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok, for those who are unfamiliar with the ring, here's a pic of the hubcentric ring on my Kosei K1...

It fits in the middle of the wheel like this...

It allows the mass of the wheel to rest on the center hub instead of the lugnuts.

·
Tyler
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joon525 said:
I have the same rims but in gunmetal. I use rings on all four wheels. (No vibration is good vibration)

Did you get them with your Volks? I'm a little worried putting them on without the rings. Where is a good place to get them? Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yea, you def need hub rings. You usually get htem when you buy your rims, and they will ask you what car you drive in order to get the right sized ring for you. If you didn't get any, please ask your local tire/wheel store and put them on as soon as possible. You don't want to damage those pretty rims:)

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
TurkeyZ said:
Did you get them with your Volks? I'm a little worried putting them on without the rings. Where is a good place to get them? Thanks.
Yes they came with them. I ordered them from www.wheeloptions.com Don't put them on without the rings. The rings are so inexpensive compared to the rims. Be sure to use lug nuts that have a conical seat. (I use McGard Splinedrives which are lightweight and have a separate ring on the bottom to protect the finish of your rims). The stock lug nuts should not be used on Rays wheels (Volk, Gram Lights etc...)

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
azninside said:
^^ hmm....are the ones for the RSX goin to be the same for preludes? cuz if that's the case an I have them, they might've been for a RSX :(
Just put the ring on the hub when it's not on the wheel, if it fits.....then it fits. That simple.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I dont have hubcentric rings and it may be why my car shakes so much especially when braking hard after a run. does it at all times though. its not the rotors because they were replaced recently. could this be my problem??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts