Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,

Most of you know that I bought a used custom kit off that jerk in SoCal from HA.net, and the Kiwi mani he sent me was cracked, and the turbo housing seals were all shot. So anyway, I sent me turbo, mani and DP to HPC to get their HyperCoat Extreme done. They ended up welding the 2 cracks in the mani for only $30! They also quoted me $350 to replace all the seals in the turbo. Well, I open up the box today, and see that they only charged me $250 for it. I was floored! Then Brian from HPC calls me up to see if I got everything on time and okay. He also tells me that they went ahead and REBUILT the entire turbo as well, and that was included in the $250! So I basically have a new turbo now!

I examined all the pieces, and they did a great job coating everything. I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone going turbo to wait an extra 2 weeks and send it to them for some coating(if I hadn't, I'd of put on a POS leaky, cracked kit!). Just thought I'd share that with everyone, and thank you Dr. James for recommending them to me- saved my life!

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
Dan,

I haven't seen you this happy since you went ahead a bought your lude, and had that mass quantity of parts already ready already

-Erik

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

Finger Lakes Region SCCA

Road Rally / G-Stock Solo II

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, type-S intake
15.040 @ 92.85 w/RS*R

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I am happy now! Figured I paid $4000 for a basically new custom turbo kit, including the coating. Not bad, but still I am pissed that the guy screwed me(another Luder) by selling me the kit the way it was and not telling me.

Funny thing is, after he shipped the kit, I asked him if there was anything wrong with it or if I should expect anything strange. He said, "you might get a check engine light." MIGHT get one huh> more like, MIGHT blow your car to ****! Well, let's hope it all goes on well this weekend. Dark side, here I come!!!!

WAAAAAAAPSSSSHHHHHHH!

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
Yeah, I am happy now! Figured I paid $4000 for a basically new custom turbo kit, including the coating. Not bad, but still I am pissed that the guy screwed me(another Luder) by selling me the kit the way it was and not telling me.

Funny thing is, after he shipped the kit, I asked him if there was anything wrong with it or if I should expect anything strange. He said, "you might get a check engine light." MIGHT get one huh> more like, MIGHT blow your car to ****! Well, let's hope it all goes on well this weekend. Dark side, here I come!!!!

WAAAAAAAPSSSSHHHHHHH!
</font>
i would love to sit in your ride after you are done with your turbo installation!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
that's him.

wonder why he's selling his 98 lude so cheap. motor's probably about to fall out.

what a cock sucker. rips someone off and still comes back.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, that's him, and here's that link to HPC...

"http://www.hpcoatings.com/exhaust_coatings.htm"

The only plant of HPC that does the more expensive, much better and longer lasting Extreme HPC coating is in Oklahoma. Brian is the guy to talk to- tell him Dan Murphy recommended you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts