Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model 94 prelude. Im just currious the gains I would get from addons like for say exaust and intake, etc. I know that alot of you wouldnt want to do anything to that engine but I might be stuck with it, I love me lude too much! So anyways anyone have a idea?

·
Registered
926 Posts
if i may, an excerpt from www.riceboypage.com

What do you mean cutting your springs is bad for your car? It lowers the center of gravity and makes it handle better!! My Eclipse RS (140 stock horsepower) has 170 horsepower now because I added intake (10hp), exhaust (5hp), header (10hp) and spark plug wires (5hp)... 10+5+10+5=30 horsepower!!

does this answer anything??

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
schrunk said:
why so low? I always hear civic guys saying they got 7 from the intake, 10 from exaust, etc. Obvously I have a different car but that low for both? btw it is a "s" model
The Preludes engine is already designed very well and replacing certain parts with parts that arent really that much better wont get you too much.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
schrunk said:
why so low? I always hear civic guys saying they got 7 from the intake, 10 from exaust, etc. Obvously I have a different car but that low for both? btw it is a "s" model
Most people, regardless of what they drive, tend to overestimate what their bolt-ons really get them in tems of dyno-proven gains. You can't trust what is said in the magazine, as much of that is hype.

J

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.