Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model 94 prelude. Im just currious the gains I would get from addons like for say exaust and intake, etc. I know that alot of you wouldnt want to do anything to that engine but I might be stuck with it, I love me lude too much! So anyways anyone have a idea?

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
azninside said:
probably....the way he said it "I know that alot of you wouldnt want to do anything to that engine but I might be stuck with it" makes me think it's non-vtec
lets narrow that non-vtec part down to an F22 ;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You are not going to gain very much, but thats the way it is with all preludes regardless of year. With intake and exhaust you might gain 7whp, but probably not even that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why so low? I always hear civic guys saying they got 7 from the intake, 10 from exaust, etc. Obvously I have a different car but that low for both? btw it is a "s" model

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
did the civic guys dyno their cars or are they reading off the maximum possible hp gain claims given by the manufacturers?

·
Registered
927 Posts
if i may, an excerpt from www.riceboypage.com

What do you mean cutting your springs is bad for your car? It lowers the center of gravity and makes it handle better!! My Eclipse RS (140 stock horsepower) has 170 horsepower now because I added intake (10hp), exhaust (5hp), header (10hp) and spark plug wires (5hp)... 10+5+10+5=30 horsepower!!

does this answer anything??

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
schrunk said:
why so low? I always hear civic guys saying they got 7 from the intake, 10 from exaust, etc. Obvously I have a different car but that low for both? btw it is a "s" model
The Preludes engine is already designed very well and replacing certain parts with parts that arent really that much better wont get you too much.

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
I rather have a 4thgen even though you might not get as much of a gain in certain parts your car is alot lighter making it better for, for modding.

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
99Interlude said:
I rather have a 4thgen even though you might not get as much of a gain in certain parts your car is alot lighter making it better for, for modding.
like the 5th gens are heavy:rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
99Interlude said:

1996 vtec = 2932 lbs
1997 base = 2954 lbs

wow, a whopping 22 lbs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
schrunk said:
Most people, regardless of what they drive, tend to overestimate what their bolt-ons really get them in tems of dyno-proven gains. You can't trust what is said in the magazine, as much of that is hype.

J

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
JakeTheSlayer said:

1996 vtec = 2932 lbs
1997 base = 2954 lbs

wow, a whopping 22 lbs :rolleyes:
either way.. 5thgen lude = couch not the ideal car for drag racing, or racing period :nono: qutie dissapointed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts