Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying this gauge from someone else and wanted to know if there is a way to test this out to see if its working properly. Can someone tell me how to check this gauge to know its working and also how do i wire it in ...does it go to ECU or something else. l

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wish i knew :confused:
i dunno if there is an additional sensor or what not.

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
If its an autometer voltmeter it should have 2 terminals and one wire on the rear. The wire is for the illumination and you simply wire that to some illumination signal in your car so that the light will turn on when you turn your headlights on. The "+" terminal connects to any 12V source...just tap into anything. The "-" is for a ground. Any other voltmeter should be similar to that in that you at least have a + and a - terminal. You could've searched yahoo for "installing voltmeter" and gotten that but hey...why do that when I just told you?

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so in other words there are 2 + wires and 1 -
so i can tap the light wire to my guage cluster or headlights and the other .... to what like... cig lighter power....or should i just go to the battery

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
so in other words there are 2 + wires and 1 -
so i can tap the light wire to my guage cluster or headlights and the other .... to what like... cig lighter power....or should i just go to the battery
I haven't played with any others but the autometer only has 1 wire and that is the wire that goes to the lights. The other 2 are terminals, 1 + (yes, you can go to a 12V fuse like the cigarette lighter and stuff but you might want to use something like that rather than the terminal for the battery...use something that's drawing power) and 1 - terminal for the ground.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why would wiring to the something that draws power like 12v cigaret lighter be better then something thats puts out like a battery terminal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts