Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking at the instructions autometer gave and i'm a bit confused...

1. do i need to wire it to the ignition RPM sender or is the RPM ecu wire good enough?

2. will any good ground connection work? they say "good engine ground?" whats the difference between that and any good contact w/ the metal of the car?

3. so it reads correctly, which of the loop wires do we cut? i.e. are we 4cyl 2 pulse or 4 cyl 1 pulse?

thanks in advance

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
There should be 4 wires. I think black, red, green, and white.

Anyways:

1)the black is ground
2)Green goes to the ecu wire
3)red goes to power source
4)white.. I would go into the fuse box and hook it up to your running light fuse. That way when you turn on your running lights at night..the tach will light up also.

--Sam

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

u dont know if we are 2 or 1 pulse tho do u?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
nuro said:
thanks!

u dont know if we are 2 or 1 pulse tho do u?
I'm not sure about that. All I know is that you're suppose to clip the brown and orange wire since our cars are 4 cylinders. On my tach, which isn't an autometer, I have a lcd display that lets me select the kind of motor (4, 6, 8)

--Sam

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LuDeGirL1004 said:
If I remember correctly, with the Autometer tach you have to clip both wires for a 4cyl. Also, I had my rpm tapped into the ecu wire until today when I switched it to tap into the one in the engine bay because I was told it is more accurate.
where is the wire in the engine bay for the RPM?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
LuDeGirL1004 said:
It's a blue wire on the passenger side on the engine bay if that helps...
Also behind the gauge cluster there is a blue/white wire. I believe it's that one. It's been like 4 years since I've hooked up the tach though.

--Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts