Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a thread or if anyone knows if you can peel of the PRELUDE of the back bumper on the 5th gens. If so is it painted underneath the letters or not? Thanks.

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
heh i did it when my car was brand new (still plastic wrapped) and it was absolutely no problem. I just peeled them off, and then wiped the bumper off with a typical cleaner (not harshness for paint). With a bunch of elbow grease, all the gunk came off.

If you car is more than a year old (the model, not since youve had it) i wouldnt suggest it.

I DID THIS MOD WITHIN 24HRS OF PURCHASE

and just to make this thread useful:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
the P R E L U D E letters aren't painted on :rolleyes: they're stuck on w/ the sticky tape....how can they be painted on if you can pull them off :rolleyes: there's been a few different threads bout this....either use somethin like a blow dryer/heat gun or some fishing line etc. to get it off. use somethin like goof off to clean it up a bit once it's done.

just remember that if your car is a few years old, then you may still see the outline of the P R E L U D E letters due to the sunlight making the paint fade :(

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
yeah I have heard the best way to do it is to use a hair dryer and floss or fishing line to get under the letters. Just be careful and take your time.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
azninside said:
the P R E L U D E letters aren't painted on :rolleyes: they're stuck on w/ the sticky tape....how can they be painted on if you can pull them off :rolleyes: there's been a few different threads bout this....either use somethin like a blow dryer/heat gun or some fishing line etc. to get it off. use somethin like goof off to clean it up a bit once it's done.

just remember that if your car is a few years old, then you may still see the outline of the P R E L U D E letters due to the sunlight making the paint fade :(
Dude, he said if it was painted UNDERNEATH the prelude letters, not if the letters were painted on. :rolleyes:

·
Boston, MA
4,476 Posts
azninside said:

Nuthing goo off or Go-gone cant take care of, my car was old and left some of the lettering on it and it still came off.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
khilgers, you have a flat......

j/k

·
i like firearms... :)
179 Posts
I took mine off last week with some fishing line and it left little grooves in the paint. Not to noticable. It's a 97 EGP and it had a little paint fade but a couple coats of wax and it was gone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts