Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question to the tech heads. My friends dad knows a whole lot about cars and an o2 sensor went bad on a VR6 passat. So he used the original wiring harness and spliced in a bosch o2 sensor that was the same size. This worked just fine for that car.

I was wondering if maybe a GS-R or another similar car has the 4 wire o2 sensor and if it could just be spliced.

Seems like some people on this board are getting bad sensors and theres still no generic brand for sale. The cheapest new honda o2 i've found is 168 shipped from one of the sites billy listed (Thanks!) granted i save 70 over the dealer, i'd rather save another 120 over that

-Guy

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
...and theres still no generic brand for sale. </font>
Get out.......you serious?
And where did you read that a lot people are having trouble with their 02 sensors?

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

Someone sell me their stock taillights

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Get out.......you serious?
And where did you read that a lot people are having trouble with their 02 sensors?

</font>
one guy emailed me b/c he had similar symptoms with the idle etc.. but ya, theres no reg brand o2. The car's even out of production now arrrgh. My remaining money is spread thin enough as it is. Hopefully somebody will know if any o2 sensor has the same wires and threads match up. i'm sure i'll end up buying a new one

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I just did my O2 sensor yesterday. My car has been lagging and I've replaced almost everything that I can think of. Anyway, I got my Bosch O2 sensor for 65 bucks from
a local parts store. It took them 2 days to get it in.

It came with the sensor itself, some connectors and instructions. All I did was take out the old sensor, cut of the original connector and wire that with the new sensor. The reason it was so cheap was because it didn't came with that connector, I used my original one. It was pretty easy wiring it, the only hard part IMO, was taking out the old sensor. The instructions on there are very good. Try calling a few different places and ask them for the ones that DOESN'T come with the connector. If you still can't find it, goto www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and get it from there. It's $138.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah both Bosch and NGK make one that will work with the prelude. Obviously you didn't do a lot of homework before you decided that there was no aftermarket one.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts