Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me on installing autometer oil pressure gauge? How do you run the pressure line(the nylon tubing)? I have no idea how to run that **** to the engine bay....please help me out!!... thanks a lot

oh by the way, does the turbo gauge run to the same source as the oil pressure gauge? can I install it before the turbo is installed? thanks!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mike2016:
can anyone help me on installing autometer oil pressure gauge? How do you run the pressure line(the nylon tubing)? I have no idea how to run that **** to the engine bay....please help me out!!... thanks a lot

oh by the way, does the turbo gauge run to the same source as the oil pressure gauge? can I install it before the turbo is installed? thanks!
</font>
If you're using a mechanical gauge, **** can that nylon tubing and use stainless braided tubing. You need to tap it into one of the oil passages (usually, you tap it into where the stock oil pressure sending unit is). By the way, the fittings on the car are 1/8 BSPT, and the fittings on the Autometer gauges are 1/8 NPT.

Boost taps into the intake manifold. If you install it before your turbo, it will just read the vacuum.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Billy! but can you give me an idea how to run the tubings into the engine bay? I have no idea where I should drill a hole...

thanks !!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

G

·
thanks Billy! but can you give me an idea how to run the tubings into the engine bay? I have no idea where I should drill a hole...

thanks !!

</font>
I will probably run mine through a spot right behind the center console. I am also doing oil temp and water temp, so I have to run all of those through the firewall as well. You don't have to drill a big hole, just look for a spot that's clear on both sides of the firewall. It was easy for me because I don't have an engine in the car right now.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
254 Posts

thanks !!

</font>
I drilled a hole right above where the gas pedal is. It was the easiest location that I could get to in the engine bay. I also have my fitting hooked on the side of the head. That way you dont have to T off the stock sender. A couple of members on this board told me about that and I havent had any problems yet. Hope this helps too....

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot guys!!!! finally I sucessfully ran the pressure line into the engine bay, now I need to hook it up, how? I read Helm's manual i know there's an oil pressure switch right under the oil filter, and it hooks right up to the fittings that supplied with the autometer gauge, right? but I couldn't get into there, I dont have jacks. is there any way easier to hook that thing up?

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hooked mine onto the head....not down below the oil filter. I did this for 2 reasons.

1) Its an easier location
2) You wont need to tee off that stock sender.

Did you buy the 1/8" BSPT fitting? Thats what youll need to make that gauge work on our cars. Its just a simple adapter to go from 1/8" BSPT to the 1/8" NPT that autometer uses.....

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quickprelude, you reply really quick!

I still don't understand , how do you hook it onto the head? if possible, could you take a pic of your setup? or could you explain in little more details? I don't know where on the head i should hook it to...
I will buy the 1/8 BSPT fitting tomorrow, is that the only thing I need? Thanks a lot quickprelude!!!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
254 Posts
That little fitting is about $10 tho! Gimme a minute and I'll write a better explaination for ya.....

------------------
</A>

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks a lot man! I'll get all the stuff tomorrow and try to get it done... but one more question, will the oil go into the gauge thru the nylon tubing?? I don't want oil leaking in my cabin.....

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dont use that nylon crap. Just spend the money and buy the stainless braided line. I went with the copper and I regret it....I wish I woulda bought the stainless.

------------------
</A>

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much does the stainless braided line cost?? How long do I need?

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
254 Posts
You'll need the 6 footer. I think its about $30 from Summit. Where did you make the hole to go into the cabin? Are you installing it in a gauge pod?

------------------
</A>

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I made a hole right next to the throttle line, learnt from you.
yea I'm using a gauge pod, and damn it I mounted the gauges and the pods already!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

1 - 16 of 16 Posts