Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... I need some help on installing the autometer air/fuel ratio gauge. please!!!... thanks!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Pretty easy to hook up.

All you need to do is find a switch'd power supply to tap (fusebox) and hook the power wire to it. Then hook up the ground wire to the metal frame/body of the car.

For the final signal wire, all you have to do is run the wire into the engine bay through the firewall... then hook it into the o2 sensor (white wire I think.)

Thats it besides mounting the gauge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot Luder-xhpx !! Should I tap the power wire to 12V source ?



------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luder-xhpx:

For the final signal wire, all you have to do is run the wire into the engine bay through the firewall... then hook it into the o2 sensor (white wire I think.)
</font>
You don't HAVE to do that......connector D7 in the ECU is the same wire....it's easier and quicker this way.

Oh by the way.......you could've searched and came up with this: http://honda-acura.net/forum/Forum20/HTML/007507.html


------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply! I'm clear with the signal wire now, and I have a Helm's manual on my hand now.. but where should I hook up the power source?

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mike2016:
Thanks for your reply! I'm clear with the signal wire now, and I have a Helm's manual on my hand now.. but where should I hook up the power source?
</font>
In the fuse panel use one of the numbered accessory ports....I think 2 or 3 should be free......there are 4 of them and one is only on with the key in the on position I just can't remember which one right now but you can use trial and error to find out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats cool. I will try now! thanks a lot!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
Speaking of which, anyone looking for a BRAND new Autometer AF gauge, I have one, ready to ship, still in the box for $40 plus shipping. I don't need it now that I bought a J&S Ultra 2 with the dual monitor(AF & retard) and never got around to installing it before I stored it over the winter.

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
I dont mean to knock you or anything but it looks like your gauges are crooked. It could just be the picture tho....

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
the gauges are crooked in a sense. they are angled so that they are straight in respect to the pillar. so wheni look at them the center is rotated a few degrees clockwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
the gauges are crooked in a sense. they are angled so that they are straight in respect to the pillar. so wheni look at them the center is rotated a few degrees clockwise. </font>
Why dont you angle them so they point straight up and down? Seems like they would be harder to read the way you have them.



------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Also, what is the other gauge you have in there? It looks like the mechanical type since it has the 270 degree sweep. I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge in mine and it makes all kinds of noises
Does yours do that too?

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by quickprelude:
Also, what is the other gauge you have in there? It looks like the mechanical type since it has the 270 degree sweep. I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge in mine and it makes all kinds of noises
Does yours do that too?

</font>
was your oil pressure gauge hard to intall? i'm wondering whether to get mechanical or electric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
was your oil pressure gauge hard to intall? i'm wondering whether to get mechanical or electric

</font>
I opted for the mechanical one because of the 270 degree sweep. I think if I were to do it over id get the electric full sweep one becuase of ease of installation.This mechaical one is loud as hell
Too loud for my own taste but looks cooler than the 90 degree sweep of the electric ones




------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by quickprelude:
Why dont you angle them so they point straight up and down? Seems like they would be harder to read the way you have them.

</font>

no, they're very easy to read. the top gauge is a boost gauge, makes a little hissing noise at vac sometimes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
How accurate would those with experience say the Autometer A/F gauge is? I mean, is it accurate enough to actually tune the car on a dyno? I eventually want an A/F gauge, but only if it is extremely functional, not just for show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
The AF gauges IMO arent that accurate. I was pretty pissed when I installed it, If you are looking to tune your car id get a fuel pressure gauge or EGT.

Pure Lude....Your turboed?!?!? Sweet! So do your gauges point outward then? Towards the window?

------------------
<A HREF="http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=63&gen=4&orderby=last_updated" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

AIM: quickprelude
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top