Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sony cdxm-750 deck and I lost the manual..and now I don't know how to input song title...does anyone know how??
Please help...It will cost me 35can to get the stupid manual

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I have the same question for my Sony M610, can I input the song or cd title? I also dont have a manual, got my HU used from a friend. Not sure if my HU even HAS that feature.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
I have the same question for my Sony M610, can I input the song or cd title? I also dont have a manual, got my HU used from a friend. Not sure if my HU even HAS that feature.</font>
Teach you for buying Pony Sony

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
456 Posts
I don't have a sony but,here's a guess: Try holding down either the audio/function or similar button and then entering the title.
That's what I do for my Pioneer, but like I said, it's just a guess.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have the CDXM650, and I don't know if there's a way you can input the titles from the cd player, but the way I do it is when I burn a CD, I use the CD text features so when a track is playing, it displays the cd title and the title of the track.

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aaron97SH:
jiggly-
How do you use the text feature when burning CD's???
</font>

I am guessing it came with the software for his CDR or something. Probably has to be a particular brand. But that'd be good to know because I should be getting a CDR tomorrow. (I know I am behind the times. dont hurt me)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jigglybutt
Which software do u used?? Can u discribe how to input the txt...So that I can be as cool as u

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well it's different for every CD burning software (I highly suggest Nero from www.ahead.de). Also you have to have a CD-text compatible burner and your player has to be CD-text compatible (it will usually say on the faceplate if it is).

Tell me what software you're using and I can probably tell you how to enable CD text writing (if your burner supports it).

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

[This message has been edited by Gabe (edited April 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jigglybutt:
I have the CDXM650, and I don't know if there's a way you can input the titles from the cd player, but the way I do it is when I burn a CD, I use the CD text features so when a track is playing, it displays the cd title and the title of the track.

</font>
i have a sony mobile ES deck with cd text and that is what you have to do. to have to have the song names and stuff show up, the info has to be on the cd....you can't put it in on the deck. i have adaptec cd creator and what you do is create a full cd with "disc at once." there will be a box you can click on that burn put the song names and cd title on the disc too. It's sweet. i love it

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am using cd creator 4 but I am not sure if my cd burner support it...I guess we will have to try and find out

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopy_cool:
I am using cd creator 4 but I am not sure if my cd burner support it...I guess we will have to try and find out</font>
that's what i'm using...cd creator 4

·
Registered
800 Posts
I could be wrong here but I swear that on some of the Sony decks you can name the discs *if* you have a cd changer (you can only name the discs in the changer though). I'm almost 100% sure that my C90 had this feature. I remember reading something in the directions about this, but I've sold it so I don't have the directions any more.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
I could be wrong here but I swear that on some of the Sony decks you can name the discs *if* you have a cd changer (you can only name the discs in the changer though). I'm almost 100% sure that my C90 had this feature. I remember reading something in the directions about this, but I've sold it so I don't have the directions any more.

Gabe

</font>
you are right, i forgot about that. you can name them through the deck if and only if you have a changer. i dont, so i can't do that, but i can put it into the cd so it's all good.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yeah, its actually not my burner but my roommates, but we use NERO and it works pretty well.

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah I really like the CD-text feature. I wish my Nak had it.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just install my cd changer and I have check the txt feature only work for the changer and not for the deck...You can't input song title directly from the deck..
I don't understand why sony doesn't allow that...sort of stupid if u ask me..

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just install my cd changer and I have check the txt feature only work for the changer and not for the deck...You can't input song title directly from the deck..
</font>
Becasue then Sony would have to add memory to the deck in order for it to store song names. It's just easier (and cheaper) for sony to adopt the CD-Text specifications and have the data stored on the disc instead of in the unit.

Plus what happens if you have two of the same CD (say you forget yours but a friend brings his). Yours will be recognized by the player but you'll have to retype the other one in if you want it to show. It saves Sony, and you the consumer, some money.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude

·
Registered
725 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
Plus what happens if you have two of the same CD (say you forget yours but a friend brings his). Yours will be recognized by the player but you'll have to retype the other one in if you want it to show. It saves Sony, and you the consumer, some money.

Gabe

</font>
Gabe, can you clarify on this statement please. From my understanding, when you name the cd, it remembers each cd based on the length and number of tracks on each cd. So if you burned two identical cd's, the name of the cd your hu has in storage would pop up regardless of whichever cd you popped in. But I'm just assuming this is what you're trying to say.

Wait, or are you talking about naming song titles and not the actual cds? Naming each individual song would take alot of memory, and would just increase the cost of the hu to the end user.

I need a new burner, my Yamaha 6x2x2 is starting to feel REALLY slow now

------------------
'00 Prelude
Black 5spd

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
</font>

i asked about this when i got my deck and they said that Sony thought if you only have one cd in there, unless you're damn stupid, you will know what cd it is and what is on there

[This message has been edited by ahcjar103 (edited April 17, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts