Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back, after taking off my tailights from my 4th gen and putting them back on, the "brakelight" warning light came on...all the connections in the rear are okay and the brake lights, signals, and reverse all work perfectly fine...the warning light indicator is still on...I've tried many times to reset the computer and such, but do not know how to get rid of the warning indicator...Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA
http://www.935draggers.com

·
Registered
244 Posts
The only brakelight warning I know of is on the dash and that has to do with the e-brake or parking brake. If you take the center consol out you'll see a little switch attach to the lever. See if that is stuck down r something.

·
Registered
602 Posts
no,, he is talking about the BRAKE light warning.. meaning that one of the brake lights are messed... i have a 93, and likewise, i have the same problem, i have noticed its from the 3rd brake light that is causeing the problem,,, as soon as i get crazy i am going into the dash to get rid of that light, its pi--ing me off.

PS... when do i get to join the 935's???

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Wow, that's strange. I know which light you're talking about (4th gen right?) and when my taillight blew, it came on. I replaced it and it works fine now. The warning light cut off.

Sorry I didn't really help.

JP

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
The only time I've seen this on ANY honda it's been attached to the e-brake and the fluid level- not the lights. If everything is connected and works, I'd almost guarantee you're low on fluid.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
The only time I've seen this on ANY honda it's been attached to the e-brake and the fluid level- not the lights. If everything is connected and works, I'd almost guarantee you're low on fluid. </font>
Hmmm...its actually the warning light for the tailights...not the lights for the e-brake or regular brakes... I still can't figure this thing out...I was thinking maybe some sensors were tripping out, but all my tailights and brakelights work fine.

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NOSlude:
no,, he is talking about the BRAKE light warning.. meaning that one of the brake lights are messed... i have a 93, and likewise, i have the same problem, i have noticed its from the 3rd brake light that is causeing the problem,,, as soon as i get crazy i am going into the dash to get rid of that light, its pi--ing me off.

PS... when do i get to join the 935's???
</font>
This is exactly my problem with the lights....

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
983 Posts
Just take out the dash and remove the bulb for that warning

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 935DragLude:
Hmmm...its actually the warning light for the tailights...not the lights for the e-brake or regular brakes... I still can't figure this thing out...I was thinking maybe some sensors were tripping out, but all my tailights and brakelights work fine.
</font>
I'll have to check my 4g manual, but this should be a current sense circuit. There shouldn't be a "sensor" in the traditional sense, just wires coming back from the socket to the fusebox and/or dash. If you've double checked your connections... the only other suggestion would be to check all your fuses and make sure the source voltage for the sense circuits or the lamp itself are all good.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Did you check you brake fluid level?</font>
Yeah, the brake fluid level is okay... I think it just has to do something with the tailights...not sure what though...

------------------
//935 Wiked Draggers
San Diego, CA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts