Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to get curry smell out

I bought a dinner table and chairs from an Indian guy and I can't get a smell out. I assume it is curry.
Anyway, I can't get the smell out. I've used lysol, febreeze, pine sol. I drove with it in my car for over an hour with all the windows down to try to air it out. I let it sit outside for about 5 hours. Nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
hmmm that sucks....

Thats like asking how do you find an indian girl without a stash on her upper lip....

·
Registered
903 Posts
ROFL!! :laugh:

I nominate this thread for the "Most Politically Incorrect Thread of the Year" award!! :laugh:

And my politically incorrect answer?

Give it to some black people... then, have them give it to some asians; after that, have THEM give it to some Latinos...

If I have calculated correctly, the smells should all morph into white people smell! ;)

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
^Why? I don't see how this is politically incorrect at all. Many Indian people have a distinctive odor because of their curry-rich diet, that's not a stereotype, it's fact. Just as many Asian homes smell of squid/octopus or Korean homes smell of Kimchi. We've (read: Zach) got to get to the point where negative facts aren't misconstrued as "hating an entire people and wishing to exterminate them".

My answer would be to try orange oil. The petroleum base seems to help cut through most smells. If that doesn't work, try Simple Green. Citric acid may help as well. Be careful with that stuff though.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ScottMan said:
^Why? I don't see how this is politically incorrect at all. Many Indian people have a distinctive odor because of their curry-rich diet, that's not a stereotype, it's fact. Just as many Asian homes smell of squid/octopus or Korean homes smell of Kimchi. We've (read: Zach) got to get to the point where negative facts aren't misconstrued as "hating an entire people and wishing to exterminate them".

My answer would be to try orange oil. The petroleum base seems to help cut through most smells. If that doesn't work, try Simple Green. Citric acid may help as well. Be careful with that stuff though.
I wouldnt say they people themselves smell bc of a rich curry diet but rather they smell bc they dont use deo aka have BO.

Their house generally does have a distint smell bc of the type of food they cook.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
checkmate58 said:
I got your solution:

--Sam
yoga-flame that shiiit

or you always can use it for plan B...... :laugh:

·
3,670 Posts
showoff said:
I wouldnt say they people themselves smell bc of a rich curry diet but rather they smell bc they dont use deo aka have BO.

Their house generally does have a distint smell bc of the type of food they cook.

and that nasty smelling powdered tobacco stuff doesn't help

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
1,199 Posts
ScottMan said:

Squid or octopus? What asians do u know? Hahaha.

·
Shawn
722 Posts
ScottMan said:
Many Indian people have a distinctive odor because of their curry-rich diet, that's not a stereotype, it's fact.
were are you getting your facts? its not cause of our diet. its what we use that gives are clothes and furniture that smell. my house smells like that, but we don't.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts