sexy.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
thats crazy....I was almost thinking it was going to do a loopty loop

·
Registered
616 Posts
damn ive seen this vid posted on many forums... heh.

the 757 is actually really overpowered, when the military was flying it for a reason i forget, they said it would be a capable dogfighter.

Those rolls-royce engines sound mean too :)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
^^Are you trying to say a 757 can take on a Mig and escape? Hahahahaha.

--Sam

·
Registered
616 Posts
checkmate58 said:
^^Are you trying to say a 757 can take on a Mig and escape? Hahahahaha.

--Sam
Yes, a 757 will take an su-37 any day :)

I was being serious though that it is incredibly manuverable for a civil airliner. It's a great aircraft. I don't think we'll see civil airliners like that again (maybe the 787 if its light enough, bleedless GEnx's or Trent 1000's are bound to be some quick movers)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wish that one of these days ill be able to fly on one... 550 - 800+ passengers would surely be amazing. I think its going to be like 40% composite (lets hope the tail fin doesnt fall off, hah aviation joke, k sorry), and the computers are all going to be state of the art. I personally dont find it attractive, but I don't think boeing would do anything different with a true double decker design either.

The plane has some faults though.. it really hasnt sold that many yet (except to some long haul airlines like singapore, etc.. ), I believe it has a 10nm wake turbulence wait factor (plane that takes off after a380 or follows it has to be at least 10nm behind), and there are a lot of airports that simply wont upgrade to accomodate it. It's going to be a long haul plane, thats it.

Also keep in mind there is a new 747 coming out (747-8).

·
Texas
734 Posts
^^ yeah i think the A380 was a terrible idea. If it wasn't for the free loans they got and don't have to pay back, Airbus probably would have never done it either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts