Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch start where u have to press the clutch in to start the car? My mom and dad had two cars that i learned to drive in (they were old, like 87 and 84) and u didn't need to press the clutch to start the car (yes they were manual). I know all new cars u gotta press the clutch in, but isn't there a way to bypass that so you can install a remote start? There is this guy with a GSR at my school who had his bypassed and has remote start? How do you do that? Is it hard? Expensive?

·
Registered
110 Posts
In my 92 S-10 I looked under the dash and found the switch that was connected to the clutch pedal and unplugged it. Hope this helps.

------------------
95 Prelude SE
Thermal R&D Exhaust, DC Sports Ceramic Header, DC Sports DAC Intake, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico Na Shocks, Altezzas

TEAM INTERLUDE MEMBER

·
Registered
327 Posts
What gen prelude? It's easy on 5th gens, all you have to do is ground the clutch safety ciruit and you're done.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a gen 4 prelude? would it be the same thing to do as on a 5th gen? how do i ground it? do i cut any wires? or anything? let me know thanx....it'd be real convenient to start w/o pressing clutch hehe
thanx

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would imagine a 4th gen is the same although I've never worked on one. Use the Helms manual to find the circuit and ground it. All you will do is find the appropriate wire and extend it to ground. That is all you need to do.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Eh... I'm kinda grateful for that stupid-safety feature.

I always leave the 'lude out of gear, but my dad sometimes steals it and he puts it in 1st... =/

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts