Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i'm not getting a crank pulley but how much would acessory pulleys give and which brands are better?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tooter is right... he's got an infinately accurate mind dyno.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
nothing that can be felt power-wise, however my low end felt smoother although it was probably psychological
I have aem pullies btw

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by grnlude97:
Tooter is right... he's got an infinately accurate mind dyno.

Daniel

grnlude97
</font>

where can i get one of these dynos? i have never heard of them....are they new?

------------------

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

------------------
2000 Type SH
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
OG
2,040 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TooterFish:
If you want the exact dyno for your car, down to the .000001, just drop your car off at my house, and I'll have the numbers for you just by looking at your engine, sniffing your oil, and rubbing your tires with my feet.</font>
you're a bit out of date there! i have a friend who can do all that just by sniffing the exhaust gas and tapping the rear quarter panel 3 times. he's a miracle man, i swear.

umm as for the pulleys, i guess i'll take a bold step forward and say something serious... i've got AEMs waiting for me when i go back in the summer, and the gains aren't gonna be mind blowing i'm sure.

i did love ng luder's quote about his URs, tho, where he reaffirmed the butt dyno theory of power and took joy in the fact that jabbing his gas pedal would produce a bit of a chirp from the wheels.

i feel ya man, imma get these bad boys installed first thing in the summer and see how it goes.

remember... "mental horsepower"... you can't go wrong.

------------------
Raman
AIM: R Viper G
Viper's Lair
99 Pearl White SS
Mods

G

·
Why do you guys post this kind of crap when the guy is asking a legitimate question? Granted, he should have done a search first, as I am pretty sure that this topic has been covered before.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Granted, he should have done a search first, as I am pretty sure that this topic has been covered before.

</font>
That wasn't very nice

------------------
2000 Type SH

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:

where can i get one of these dynos? i have never heard of them....are they new?
</font>
Same place I got my butt-dyno.

Seriously, I saw a dyno of a 4-cyl. Accord with AEM pulleys. It showed a flat 2-3 hp. increase across the curve, and 3-5 lb. ft. of torque across the curve.

From my own experience, it seems that people with automatic Preludes seem to notice the difference more than stick-shift owners. I feel the gain between 1500-3500 rpm.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much do they run and how hard is it to install?

------------------
2000 Type SH

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I bought a set of AEM pulleys from Diamond Bar Honda for $129 shipped.

Someone with the right tools and knowledge could do the install in 30 minutes.

I don't have the right tools, and had not removed an alternator, or power steering pump, or even changed a belt in almost 20 years. I was very rusty. It took me about 3 1/2 hours.

I was very tired and sore when I finished. Let a pro do it unless you have air/impact tools.

------------------
My Mechanic

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
as far as just accessory pullies go, would you guys recommend the AEM's or the UO's?</font>
i've heard the UO's free up more hp

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
Oh boy.. here we go again

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Registered
666 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thatchmaster:
Oh boy.. here we go again

-e-

</font>
HAHAHHAA

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake