Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found the Canadian distributor for Koito's is only 1 hour away. Anyway, I was quoted $95.00 Canadian per pair of bulbs. Is this a good price? What is the American price for a pair of H1 bulbs?

------------------
1999 Honda Prelude Base 5-Speed. Crystal Blue Metallic.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Yea, anyway to get them besides Mackin Industries?

And more importantly, how long do they last?

I'm sick of changing bulbs every month, DAMMIT!

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Frt. ST Bar
Parts to be installed-
Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX,Apex V-AFC, Type-R Wing

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Hey EBP Lude did you put a lot of electric grease for all the parts involved when you changed your bulb? I am just wondering because when I bought my piaa bulbs, they told me to use the electric grease when changing the bulbs. If you did, then I hope my bulbs don't blow any time soon.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
anubyss- for the sockets I did but not on the connection for the actual bulb. Is that what does the trick?

I know the bulb gets VERY HOT and the housing isn't the best designed in terms of ventilation. Anymore tricks to promote long life?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
the main cause for hyoerwhite bulbs to burn is fluctuation in voltage so turn your lights off before you turn your car off and wait a bit to turn your lights on after you initially turn your car on. This will mitigate the voltage flux that goes on.

There is a guy in Manitoba, that sells Koitos, heard they are really good, pure white.

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
EBP - I have the piaa platinum superwhites and it cost me like 120 with tax (at autofreak). The guy that works there has a 5th gen and he said the bulbs should last at least 6 months. I told him some people's bulbs were blowing in two months. He suggested that I use electric grease on all the fittings.

I've only had my bulbs for a month so I can't say if it's going to do the trick. I am just going by what the guy told me. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
Stupid Q, but where is Autofreak?</font>
It is in that japanese supermarket in jersey...formerly known as Yaohan...now MItsuwa. Their stuff is crazy expensive. They mostly sell ricey stuff.

ANUYBUSS: Y would you buy 120 dollar bulbs if you knew at best they would last half a year?

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
formerly known as Yaohan...now MItsuwa. Their stuff is crazy expensive. They mostly sell ricey stuff.

Oh Yaohan, I didn't even realize it changed its name!
Yes stuff there is $expensive$
I saw a Greddy SP exhaust there, and their price was $599. F-ing morons!!!!

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Frt. ST Bar
Parts to be installed-
Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX,Apex V-AFC, Type-R Wing

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Joon- I was quoting Scriber!

anyhow, pretty much all they sell are accessories(stickers, neons, blklights,) stuff like that. Although sometimes they do have neat stuff u can't find elsewhere

I only go there to buy Japanese food and read Option's mag!

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
Joon- I was quoting Scriber!

anyhow, pretty much all they sell are accessories(stickers, neons, blklights,) stuff like that. Although sometimes they do have neat stuff u can't find elsewhere

I only go there to buy Japanese food and read Option's mag!
</font>
I see where you're coming from BUT you're basing that on what you see........they can get you a lot more than what they have on display. You just have to ask.

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
I blew a bulb on a Sunday so I had no choice but to buy it where I could. Autofreak was open. Some old law about shops closing on Sundays in Bergen County, except for restaurants.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts