Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to your forum and I just wanted to know, have any of U raced a Celica GT or GT-S in road course, autox, or drag racing and what was the outcome????????

Was it modded or not modded, stick or auto???????

------------------

Representin
Team Unison
drive.to/unison

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

i'm trigger happy, so i'm gunning this one down and moving it to kill stories

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
oooops, re-opened, i didn't read the whole thing lol

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Ive always wanted to but never got the chance. My uncle has one with Trd Muffler,Trd air filter, and Trd 2" drop.He says its faster than mine(stock at the moment) but he wont ever race me (also were both automatics).He's afraid to.

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,includeing exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
a stock one ought to be an even match for a 5th gen, but the superior torque of the h22a should be a significant advantage for less than perfect drivers. however, there are rumors that they get really impressive gains with I/H/E...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yeah I think it was 2KLuder that said he knew a guy with a GTS that ran a 14.5 with just the Rod Millen intake. Thats pretty impressive.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Yeah..i'm waiting for the day..It would be nice to try one.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
I beat a GT just yesterday

Going on a freeway on-ramp. He had the inside lane, I was on the outside. I was just trying to past, and he rev'd his motor up to speed up. So I downshifted to 2nd, told my gf to hang on, and got about 3 car lengths ahead

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ummmmmmmmmm I see, yeah both models take well to Intake/exhaust due to the high compressio on the motors.

Best time in a GT-S I've seen 14.3 and best I've seen in a GT is me 15.4

As for some of U guys wanting to run up against a Celica check out drive.to/unison and Celica.net there are bunch of peeps that want to race Hondas and Acuras.

------------------

Representin
Team Unison
drive.to/unison

·
Registered
195 Posts
just my opinion here...

but I think the 6-speed must be hard to drive or the gearing is crazy/ hard to get used to... cause around here the GTS's are not running as well as you all mention'd above.

In fact, I have had GTS lose to me, and I am an si luder. Have had one beat me too though.

[This message has been edited by Luder-xhpx (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
332 Posts
believe it or not, a few weeks ago i pulled up to a (im pretty sure stock) gt-s at a red light. they wanted to try, so i was like what the hell, we both know they're gonna beat me, may as well make his day
. they pulled on me at first, but im not lying i hit the next red light (prob. like a 1/2 mile away) right BEFORE he did. civic forum asked the same Q and yelled at me when i told them my modded 92si gave a gts a beautiful run. it can happen!!

ps i think they were a sh!tty driver anyway

later

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Luder-xhpx:
just my opinion here...

but I think the 6-speed must be hard to drive or the gearing is crazy/ hard to get used to... cause around here the GTS's are not running as well as you all mention'd above.

In fact, I have had a GTS lose to me, and I am an si luder. Have had one beat me too.

</font>
Same here...they must be a ***** to drive...but then again, last time out to the track, ITRs and Celica GTS' were both barely beating me...Torque is good

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

HAIL CURRY! www.rubberburner.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey cantdrive, U live in Palmdale huh. My friend has the yellow GTS with the Buddy Club/WW kit and he pulled a best of 15.5 I believe with his muffler removed and I pulled a 16.1 with a CAI and gutted interior in a GT. Ne wayz if U see any Celica's at the track say wassup to us

------------------

Representin
Team Unison
drive.to/unison

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Unison8:
Hey cantdrive, U live in Palmdale huh. My friend has the yellow GTS with the Buddy Club/WW kit and he pulled a best of 15.5 I believe with his muffler removed and I pulled a 16.1 with a CAI and gutted interior in a GT. Ne wayz if U see any Celica's at the track say wassup to us

</font>
Last time out I saw 2 or 3 Celicas out there...I'm the Prelude that has the nasty ass Primer on the driver's side, lol. On your buddies yellow Celica, is the front bumber primered? I think I've seen his car around.

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

HAIL CURRY! www.rubberburner.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
My roomate has a Celica GT and it's more of a match for a Civic Ex. Even a Civic Si can dust it.

I'm still waiting for a GT-S to pull up beside me!

------------------
99 Pearl White Prelude
AEM CAI
Konig Tantrum 17x7 / Nitto450 215/40/17
Koni Sport / Eibach Pro-Kit
PIAA 1100x
RF AMP / RF 12XLC SW

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Unison8:
Hey cantdrive, U live in Palmdale huh. My friend has the yellow GTS with the Buddy Club/WW kit and he pulled a best of 15.5 I believe with his muffler removed and I pulled a 16.1 with a CAI and gutted interior in a GT. Ne wayz if U see any Celica's at the track say wassup to us</font>
How cool is it that this guy Unison DOESN'T have an attitude?
Nice.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
195 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
How cool is it that this guy Unison DOESN'T have an attitude?
Nice.

</font>
for real! not to often do you see that online...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EHehehheeheh, well I've always liked imports especially the latest lude (I don't know why alot of people say there ugly).

But yeah my friends front end is primered and maybe last time U were there, it was us that U saw(cantdrive55)

As for engines blowing up, yeah alot of peeps have misshifted and blown there engines, due to the unfamiliar tight gear spacing(its more driver error than the car though)

As for the GT bein a match for the EX, I've only been beaten by a couple SI's that had more mods than me, but when it came down to a lightly modded SI to my GT, I have won more times than not and these is drag racing and autox racing.

I guess U guys get alot of flaming peeps over here, because at first my post was locked and then unlocked(he thought I was tryin to start something)

Seriously though U guys should check out Drive.to/Unison and Celica.net tell them Unison8 referred U over and everyone will treat U guys right.

Oh yeah I also know Vwong, we used to be on Team ViSIon together and I know he uses this site. So I thought hey he's coo, the rest probably are too!!!!!!!

------------------

Representin
Team Unison
drive.to/unison

1 - 20 of 63 Posts