Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
waz up?
i know you have talk about this about a million times, but i would like to know how NOS is used , i know that the NOS SET-UP is active once's you floor it... but how is the ZEX kit active is it with a armed switch or the same...also what would happen if i were to miss a gear and be spraying would the motor go. i heard that the zex kit would shut off and the NOS kit doesn't do that... so can someone get back to me with some info. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98LudeChris:
i know that the NOS SET-UP is active once's you floor it... </font>
Nitrous systems can be activated several ways, one is by wide open throttle and another is by using a switch.

I have never agreed with the wide open throttle method because of the excessive tire spin you get while your shifting at the track. I have a few friends using a window switch from MSD to activate their nos+purge kits.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it better two active the NOS kit with a switch

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I am not an expert with Nitrous so I won't go any further. A switch would be your preference, your the one that drives the car, not me.

Also keep in mind that NOS is just a brand, so stop calling all nitrous NOS!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
What's the biggest difference between the kits for our cars? I know NOS, ZEX, VENOM, and NX make kits but whats the big pluses and which one would be the safest out of the box?

I'm going to start researching this later in the week. I jsut want to know where to start looking into it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
Also keep in mind that NOS is just a brand, so stop calling all nitrous NOS!
</font>
MY BAD!!!! but what do most people pefer to use and which is the safest to active

[This message has been edited by 98LudeChris (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most bolt-on kits use a WOT pinswitch. the accelerator must be at full open position to activate the solenoids. The Zex kit uses TPS voltage, but our TPS doesn't send the activating 4.2V until WOT. Unless you shift and mash the throttle immediately, you shouldn't have to worry about opening the solenoids. Even still, the factory rev-limiter will step in, removing spark. The NOS kit is set up the same way, only with a pinswitch on the throttle body. An arming switch that you mount in the car turns the system on, WOT opens the solenoids and starts the flow of nitrous and fuel.

vabeach: N2O should only be active above 3000RPM anyhow. Any lower would be a mortal mistake. RPM window switches are great safety items, but a progressive-rate controller is what your friend needs to control wheelspin. Check into the Jacobs Nitrous MasterMind. Badass piece of electronics.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the part that i'm gettin confused is when you arm the switch ,do you still need to press another buttom to spray and when to stop or does it do that for you. i need to know becuz tomorrow i might be gettin my friend's NOS kit 55 shot dry single fogger and i want to know if i should buy it from him or save up for a ZEX kit. my friends kit is only for $200 with only one month used

·
Registered
136 Posts
Both the Zex and the NOS kit will work the same way. Flip on an arming switch to make the system active, nail the gas to open the solenoid. $200 is a steal if he's including EVERYTHING. Make sure you get his throttle pinswitch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts