Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone now how to make the fan stay on after a certain temperature even if the car is shut off; and then turn off by itself after it has dropped below that certain temperature. I know you would have to mod the fan to use constant power. Anyone have any ideas or have actually done it?
jake

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Hey Phamine.......PreludeGod over on hp.com has done something similar to this. I would ask him. His is activated by a switch I believe NOT by monitoring temperature.

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 13, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Just cut on the air, that fan will run as long as its on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i used to have a 88 si and it did that. maybe you could see what it uses(sensors, wiring). in the owners manual it called it some sort of sport cooling system. the only thing is that your battery might go a little low. some times when it got real hot, the car would barely turn over, but it never died.

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice all. I actually got the idea from MKIV.com. Seems simple enough, but I actually like to see an example from a prelude. When it comes to electricity, I'm an idiot. Imagepree, im the guy who went to get the paint job estimate a month ago. The car is now in Eddie Zhu's shop awaiting to be painted in black with silver pearl or black with violet pearl.
jake

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i have my fans hooked up so i can turn them on when i want...basically just an override switch...relatively easy to do...let me know if you guys still want the info

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
ahcjar103 - post up the info dude.

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts