Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, any suggestions on how to keep thieves from stealing your JDM fogs (5th Gen)? I looking into getting special screws and screw driver head made so it won't be so easy to take them off... Has anyone had their's ripped off or am I being too paranoid? I would hate to see my hard earned beans go down the drain....

Keith

·
Registered
738 Posts
Park with your front bumper about 2cm away from the parking curb... let's see those mofo's get under there then!
(err...without them taking the whole car away that is...)

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mylude99/" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
_ ____________ _
_ ___ _
_

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
if they have screws, then buy a torx screw and screw driver..

new thief carries that **** around!

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by klee.007:
Come on guys! Don't we have better ideas?! Any stories as well?</font>
Here's my story.....had them over a year and I still have them.....I never even thought about the theft prevention for them because I don't care.....I'm more worried about the car as a whole. JDM foglights are easier to replace than the whole car.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
554 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Here's my story.....had them over a year and I still have them.....I never even thought about the theft prevention for them because I don't care.....I'm more worried about the car as a whole. JDM foglights are easier to replace than the whole car.

</font>
Same here... they are pretty specific items anyway, not like some red h's or something.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Set your alarm at the most sensitive level. so once they jerk it a little. The alarm will go right off in their ear and they'd be deaf for a day or two

·
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vtec32:
Set your alarm at the most sensitive level. so once they jerk it a little. The alarm will go right off in their ear and they'd be deaf for a day or two
</font>
err.. I better get an alarm then!
I've only had them on my car for a couple months (took them off for the winter) and there are not too many people with JDM fogs here... so I just don't want to take any chances!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Klee,

I know what you mean. If you read my other post, I just got a set also. Luckily I have a clifford alarm that I can set the sensitivity from my remote and let me tell you, it can get real sensitive. There are times when a garbage truck is driving down the street and is about 35 ft away from my car, the alarm will go off. It think that once I get mine installed, I'm going to set it at real sensitive.

·
Registered
268 Posts
yo keith...
mmm i think i'll go take ur's out instead of using mines..
so i'll have 2 sets

heeheh

U ARE ONLY BEING PARANOID! lol

montreal man..not new york ..montreal ;p

by the way..cheap ass..u didn't even come to the prelude meeting yesterday ;(

eheh

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
Since you can only access the jdms by taking out the turn signals first, you can plug that hole(where the screw is) with a round magnet. Thieves will be discouraged when they can't ram their screwdriver in the hole to take out the turn signals

·
retired
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
Since you can only access the jdms by taking out the turn signals first, you can plug that hole(where the screw is) with a round magnet. Thieves will be discouraged when they can't ram their screwdriver in the hole to take out the turn signals
</font>
dam, you're brilliant!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts