Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the love of all that is holy, please help!!

I have a JDM '97 lude with a 3-pin dlc instead of the standard 16-pin SAE arrangement. I bought an OBD II reader and 16-pin to to 3-pin adapter, but when plugged in, the reader can't talk to the car. What's the deal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you might have to do it the manual way with a paper clip. and watch the flashing light.
Wow, that's cutting-edge stuff. Anybody wanna buy a OBD II Code Reader? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update!

Long = 10
Short = 1

For the CEL I've got 1 & 17

For the ABS, I've got 81 & 16

I think I've found some of the answers thanks to these awesome forums and you good people out there :).

CEL:

1 = O2 Sensor, 17 = Vehicle Speed Sensor.

This make sense, 'cos I have a red cat light on the dash that's been on permanently since I bought the car, which means I either need to clean the O2 sensor or replace it. As for the VSS, I put a in-line delimiter chip on the VSS cable. I have now removed this, so I need to reset the falt codes by plugging in the paper-clip in again, turning on the ignition and removing a certain fuse for 10 secs, is that right?

As for the ABS lights, I'm still looking that up....

·
Registered
7 Posts
This make sense, 'cos I have a red cat light on the dash that's been on permanently since I bought the car, which means I either need to clean the O2 sensor or replace it. As for the VSS, I put a in-line delimiter chip on the VSS cable. I have now removed this, so I need to reset the falt codes by plugging in the paper-clip in again, turning on the ignition and removing a certain fuse for 10 secs, is that right?

As for the ABS lights, I'm still looking that up....

You dont nessaceraly need to bypass the terminals to the connector to remove any fault codes. Theres a few ways to do it. Disconnect the negative terminal from your battery for a few seconds(30 seconds-1 min) but you'll lose your stereo/clock memory settings/ pull the ECU fuse or use a scan-tool. If the check engine light still on, the problem still persist. Im not too sure about the abs codes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@nguyen 714

Thanks for the tips. I have now reset the ECu using your method. The CEL is stable, indicating no faults. The ABS is giving me error codes because the rear brake pads need replacing. So everything is as it should be. Apart from the suspension, which is terrible for a car that's only done 60000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts