Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I did everthing Im suppose to and now I cant seem to get the axle out of the tranny, my manual says just pry it out, but I tried that is there something Im doing wrong, any help would be appreciated? thanx

G

·
Use a large pry bar (but be gentle), or get a block of wood and tap the axle out with a hammer (use the block of wood between the hammer and the drive shaft). It's somewhat difficult, but mine popped out after trying for a bit.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Just keep trying. It takes some patience and some finesse. Just don't damage the tranny case. I had to pry a little, tap a little, pry some more, etc.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I guess Ill beat it a little more, thats all thats left on getting this motor and tranny out of my damn Prelude thanx for your help

G

·
It's a lot easier than you thought isn't it? I was really surprised at how easy it is to pull the engine.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Ive pulled Civic motors before and I can get those out in like 2 hours but my Prelude is getting built FINALLY, and its being so damn stubburn probably cause its my own car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts