Honda Prelude Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering how deep you guys are in Credit Card debt because of the love for modifying your ride!!! State how much you are in debt. I am currently about 3 grand down!!!
Gotta stop for now, paying bills suck balls!!!

------------------
2000 Prelude Type SH
Premium Pearl White

http://drive.to/pureimports Site Under-Construction but some links are up. Hit up the page and check out my LUDE!!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
None. I only spend what I have and no more. As much as I love my Lude I will not go into financial ruin because of a car. No matter what car.

I guess this obsession of mine does have its limits....

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mylude99/" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
_ ____________ _
_ ___ _
_

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SH22A4:
Hey guys, I was just wondering how deep you guys are in Credit Card debt because of the love for modifying your ride!!! State how much you are in debt. I am currently about 3 grand down!!!
Gotta stop for now, paying bills suck balls!!!

</font>
I would gladly trade you. I am paying over half that a MONTH towards debt.... Yeah, I know, but hey, I caused it, and I am going to pay it off.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

[This message has been edited by 71dsp (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm with preludeh22a99. Whenever I mod my car I make sure I pay cash and never credit. I have other things to worry about so it's nice to stay out of debt.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
825 Posts
hahaha, check this out guys. tell me if you can beat this. i'm a 21 yr old college student with NO JOB!!!!!! with 4 credit cards and a Bannana Republic car. i owe 5 GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! i owe like a grand on each card. max them all out. and 95% of the debt is car parts. those damn cc's are hidden under my bed and to be never used again till its all paid off which is never. the sad thing is.......i have no money. i pay $40-$50 for each card every month plus the fact that theres a $20 finance charge which means i pay $20-$30. yes my friends, this is sad. basically i'm financing all my car parts with interest.
Somebody hook me up with a job please!!!!!!!!!

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YEAH....I spend what I have also but.....like 71dsp said, sometimes you can't help it when you break something. Thats apart of racing. When you break something you can't say "oh....I will get it fixed when I have enough cash"!! Unless you are lucky enough to have a second car, then you get your card out and start chargeing cause if not then......you don't have a car to go to work, or school, and so on and so on!!! I too have a limit like many others but sometimes you just can't help it. Like my friend with a 99 Lude!!! He just bent a valve and its gonna cost him alot of money to get his head fixed!!! He never wanted it to happen but sh*t happens!!! All I know is I am going easy on the car and not risk anything else happening til I get at least half of that paid off!!! THIS SUCKS

KQ : 5Gs??? DAMN!!!!! I just recently got layed off by my workplace. So I am in the same boat as you are dawg.
Someone hook me up with a job too
DAMN ECONOMY......DAMN BUSH!!!!!

------------------
2000 Prelude Type SH
Premium Pearl White

http://drive.to/pureimports

Site Under-Construction but some links are up. Hit up the page and check out my LUDE!!!!

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Umm... not to bring politics onto the scene, but what does Bush have to do with the current state of the economy? He just got into power.

Heck, it usually takes anywhere from a year to a decade for the full impact of an economic decision to have effect. You could blame Clinton just as well as the old Bush for the current economy :p

Anyway... I use my credit card extensively but I pay it off every month. I use it because:

a). No charges, unlike my debit card.
b). 1% of every purchase goes towards buying a new home, which is chump change, but every penny counts. By the time I'm ready to buy a new home, I might have several Gs saved up.
c). The credit card bill is a lot easier to read than the debit bill. The credit card company also protects my purchases - I know this for a fact. They gave buy.com major **** for a screwup and a local hardware store as well.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well.....DAMN CLINTON TOO!!!! But Damn Bush cause I voted for Al Gore
And damn you for bringing polotics into this!!!!!
JK!!!And the economy really suck sh*t right now. I can't find a job anywhere and people are getting layed off left and right. Man.......this sucks!!! This sucks big time!!!

PS: Come on people......more numbers on the Credit Card debt!!!!!!!

------------------
2000 Prelude Type SH
Premium Pearl White

http://drive.to/pureimports

Site Under-Construction but some links are up. Hit up the page and check out my LUDE!!!!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I made that mistake when I first bought the car. I was tapped from the down payment but had to have a set of TEIN's, and the CF trim, and ..... you get the idea. Now I think I have a whopping $150 from car stuff on my cc and that's just stuff from this month. I didn't do crap to the car for over a year just to catch up for the first 8 months I had it. It's a very bad habit to get started.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Every time you get your statement look at that finance charge. Multiply that by 12 or add it up for a year and see just how much those mods cost you.

I did it too. At some point you just have to decide to stop. No, wait a minute, you guys all subsidize my low interest rate and platinum advantages. Keep it up, please!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.