Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a moronic question but i have never changed it before. Ok so i unhooked the wiring harness, removed the rubber boot, undid the paperclip thingie...and now there's an assembly consisting of a lightbulb and a white ceramic base. I assume that you just seperate these 2 and replace the bulb right? I can't seem to seperate it. What the hell am i doing wrong? AHHHhhh!!

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
What the hell am i doing wrong? AHHHhhh!!</font>
yep, that shit is tight as a mofo and i had to use a screwdriver to pry the bulb out. you see the two small pieces sticking out from the white thing that actually touch the base of the bulb? stick the screwdriver in there and twist slowly. when the bulb seems to move, do the other side. patience is the key... i broke my stock bulb when i did that

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...i finally seperated it but it took a pair of pliers. Who would have thought changing lightbulbs would be so frustrating?

O...and i didn't push the new bulb as far in as the stock bulb was. eg. the base of the bulb touching the 2 white stumps. bc i didn't want to break anything. I tested it and the lights work. Anyone see any problems w/this?

Oh yeah and that paperclip thingy was a biatch and a half to refasten...mah thumbs hurt like a mofo.
------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

[This message has been edited by Scriber (edited April 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Scriber (edited April 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Ok...i finally seperated it but it took a pair of pliers. Who would have thought changing lightbulbs would be so frustrating?

O...and i didn't push the new bulb as far in as the stock bulb was. eg. the base of the bulb touching the 2 white stumps. bc i didn't want to break anything. I tested it and the lights work. Anyone see any problems w/this?

Oh yeah and that paperclip thingy was a biatch and a half to refasten...mah thumbs hurt like a mofo.
</font>
i don't have any problems with the "paperclip thingy" like a lot of people do... i think it's just a matter of finding the right angle.

i DID push the bulbs in all the way, but i don't know if it's ok not to do that. i don't think you can break the bulb doing that. one possible (though unlikely) problem in your case is that the bulb is sticking out a bit more so the light doesn't hit the reflectors where it's supposed to... that *might* affect the brightness a little bit. i would suggest pushing the bulbs in all the way, you never know whether the vibration would cause the bulbs to fall off its bases or not.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
295 Posts
make sure the ceramic base is flush with the light housing unit before you put the clips back on, if you can wiggle the base then it's not in right.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver
Mugen Body Kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts